Heritage Owners Club

GAT Knows Amps

I love some of the threads on TGP,  The latest was the SRV bashing.    The prevailing feeling was that a) his tone sucked  b) his playing sucked  and C) his song sucked.   

I commented that the real shame was that there were no internet guitar forum when he died, so he never had to chance to read about all the stuff that he SHOULD have been using to get the right "tone".

A pity, really.  He could have been famous!  :D

1 minute ago, TalismanRich said:

I love some of the threads on TGP,  The latest was the SRV bashing.    The prevailing feeling was that a) his tone sucked  b) his playing sucked  and C) his song sucked.   

I commented that the real shame was that there were no internet guitar forum when he died, so he never had to chance to read about all the stuff that he SHOULD have been using to get the right "tone".

A pity, really.  He could have been famous!  :D

And let’s not forget about all the Heritage headstock hate threads over at TGP!

TGP is great place to learn of new equipment, but there are some wackadoos out there.  If something moves me, I like it. I don’t need some poser who has a million pedals and still can’t get a decent guitar tone to give me lessons on gear or bands that I like. But many builders of good gear introduce their products on the TGP because it has so many subscribers. And I’ve got some great deals on gear through their classifieds. The recent Clark amp that I bought I found out about through the gear page. But I bought it t though Reverb.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:26 AM, Yooper said:

TGP has also taught me the Beatles weren't that great. They were so derivative, and couldn't "rock". 

That must be why they haven't had a new record or booked a gig in 50 years.

• 2 months later...

Archived