Heritage Owners Club

Glossary would help.

ficecone

I've been a member since March. I have 0 warning points and my community reputation is neutral. I have 3 points.

Wow and a bag of chips. What does it all mean and who created this rating system?

What does it mean to have "skewed priorities"  and what does "needs to get out more"  actually mean? Is there a glossary somewhere in this site that defines all this rigamarole of do we newcomers just guess?

This ain't Facebook or Twitter, so you don't really have to worry if you have a lot of "likes" or any of that stuff.     Its all just fun and games.     Warning points mean that you're stepping outside the boundaries of decorum, and need to clean up your act.   

As for you're status being a "Distant Relation"  I think that just means that you've only got a  few posts, so you're like that cousin that shows up occasionally at the family BBQ.   For those with "Skewed Priorities" and "Need to Get Out More",  its a reminder that there's more to life than sitting in front of the computer and posting 20 times a day!    Not that we would ever consider going outside unless it was to go to a jam session or a gig or a trip to the music store!

I don't think postings in the For Sale sections count in the posting number.     Maybe they could count the number of posts in the Sale sections divided by general discussion group posts.   Anything from 1-2 would be "Junior Sales Rep".   3-10 could be "Salesman of the Month", and anything over 10 would be  "Willy Loman".     Just a thought!

So, welcome to the BBQ.   Hope you stay around for a long time!

:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, ficecone said:

I've been a member since March. I have 0 warning points and my community reputation is neutral. I have 3 points.

Wow and a bag of chips. What does it all mean and who created this rating system?

What does it mean to have "skewed priorities"  and what does "needs to get out more"  actually mean? Is there a glossary somewhere in this site that defines all this rigamarole of do we newcomers just guess?

POST COUNTS:
Distant Relation     0         
Offspring     25         
Descendant     100         
Successor     500         
Heir Apparent     1000         
Needs To Get Out More     2500         
Has Skewed Priorities     5000

The post count titles were implemented a long time ago. Back when the board was still young, running SMF. I have no recollection of how I came up with the titles or breakpoints other than a misty memory of “Has Skewed Priorities” came about as the result of a thread remarking on Brentrocks always being the top poster. Or maybe it was just a post in a thread about something else. Things were different back then. Uphill. Both ways, snow. Not necessarily better, just...different.

1 hour ago, ficecone said:

Thanks for the heads up. I assumed it was something based on an ancient  musical societies secret initiation ceremony. I wasn't far off.

LOL.  Welcome to HOC.  

just checking my status here.. 

wow  12 years, over 2500 appearances..  and 0 yeah, ZERO warning points.  

I'm gonna start making trouble, need to up the count

welcome ficecone

You will find that this is a rather laid back group.  Many of the things posted in your profile are digs that the admin take to keep things rolling.  If you look at my profile you will see I am listed as having the "First Father's Medal" for giving my daughter a Heritage for Christmas back in 2011.  There is no first father's medal -but maybe there should be.  ;^)

Archived