Heritage Owners Club

Custom Amp Cabinet

ficecone

Just completed my latest retirement project. Refinished a Philco radio cabinet from 1940s and inserted a Ceritone Mini 20 amplifier. Sounds great and best of all my spouse likes having it in our living room because of its appearance!

IMG_1356_smaller.jpg

I actual found a collector in my area that has a large inventory of these pieces. Some with and some without the radios. I bought the box without the guts.

17 hours ago, ficecone said:

Just completed my latest retirement project. Refinished a Philco radio cabinet from 1940s and inserted a Ceritone Mini 20 amplifier. Sounds great and best of all my spouse likes having it in our living room because of its appearance!

IMG_1356_smaller.jpg

Impressive! I doubt I'll ever look at antique woodworking items the same as I'll probably start asking myself if I think a guitar amp will fit into it. :)

23 hours ago, ficecone said:

IMG_1356_smaller.jpg

nice looking repurposed cab! 

3 hours ago, Yooper said:

Awesome! I dig the retro-retro thing too.

5E3:

I9wRhz6h.jpg

down and dirty cab for a down and dirty tone, nice job Yoop!

On 10/30/2019 at 5:21 PM, ficecone said:

IMG_1356_smaller.jpg

THAT IS VERY COOL!!!

nice job!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived