Heritage Owners Club

Harmony 8418 Amp

PunkKitty

That tube compliment is similar to what is in my 53 National Supreme amp.    Hand wired with the 6SJ7, 6V6 and 5Y3 should be a nice departure from the Fender sound.   Its very typical of late 40s/early 50s Valco amps.   Vintage47 makes the same amp for $625, as the Mini.   For $400, that's a bargain.    Old Valco style amps are fun and make great practice amps.

3 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

That tube compliment is similar to what is in my 53 National Supreme amp.    

You took that to a PSP one year, didn't you, Rich?  If it's the one I'm thinking of, that was a bad little amp!

23 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Who cares?

I do, guess what is incoming?

$435 shipped to my front door!

A tone report would be appreciated when it arrives.

19 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

I'll be sure to bring my Harmony Amp to PSP and you can bring your National.  We'll compare some tones!

Absolutely.

If I remember correctly,   someone (might have been Eljay) had a Vintage47 version of my amp.   The differences that I noticed were probably due the speaker.   Maybe its hard to reproduce the sound of a 60+ year old field coil speaker.

1 hour ago, TalismanRich said:

Absolutely.

If I remember correctly,   someone (might have been Eljay) had a Vintage47 version of my amp.   The differences that I noticed were probably due the speaker.   Maybe its hard to reproduce the sound of a 60+ year old field coil speaker.

That's possible.  But if I have the Boss Tube Expander, we won't have to worry about it.

The amp came in yesterday.

While I'm not a tube amp, vintage amp, or any type of tone connoisseur, I can say this amp reminds of what a old, tiny Fender Champ (5E1) amp sounds like.  Looks much better though.  Can't find a flaw in its craftsmanship.

Natural breakup when dimed is pretty good.  Not too raunchy, just a little crunch.

However, I put a Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 in front of it, and wow.  So good!  It didn't respond as well with a distortion pedal, which I'm fine with.  Now I just need how to add a touch of reverb to it.

Bottom line though....Pure rock n' roll!

I'll try to figure out a way to record it...

Archived