Heritage Owners Club

Weird ass H-575 on Reverb, someone please explain why

y2kc

There is an interesting H-575 on Reverb. It is red and white and just wrong in many respects.

What is going on there? Seriously hard to look at. This is just my 2cents.

Besides that the seller has some nice guitars for sale from personal collection.

y2kc

j3yamgci4hi4xpihpwrl.thumb.jpg.f45475c2d9de51898f20d02169ea00ea.jpg

From the ad:

"Bronco Bob’s H-575 features a custom Dakota Red and Olympic White motif. 

I love guitars..this H 575 with Bigsby has loads of character..custom painted with white pinstripes ...never played out..never..it is a work of art..feels terrific.. Includes Hard Shell case

Note: I did not like the head stock that Heritage uses..so I had Dan Shinn of Lay's Guitar shop in Akron Ohio modify  a Gibson Super 400 head-stock...I prefer the look of the Gibson head stock...the Heritage head stock was not damaged..I just preferred the Gibson style....ask all question..and purchase with confidence//Bob 

I have cancer and am selling my collections..visit (your device must have adobe flash) once there you can view my collections of guitars & basses & hot rod cars & trucks & motorcycles & listen to my 8 cd recordings"

I hate these stories.

Not my taste in 575's by a long shot.  However, the seller (Bronco Bob) seems like a quirky guy who digs instruments with bizarre colors/finishes.   

In his ad for a checkered painted Gibson EB-0 bass he says he played with Chubby Checker in 1979 and got his autograph on the instrument.  It is awful that he's selling stuff he obviously loves due to his illness. 

https://reverb.com/item/23144851-1974-gibson-eb-0-electric-bass-checker-finish-signed-by-chubby-checker

12 hours ago, CJTopes said:

I wonder how nice that guitar looked before he did that to it.

$3000+.... Not a chance in hell. 

PT Barnum said it best....there's one born every minute.

Despite his dubious choices in finishes, gotta feel for the cat as he indicates his health is failing.

I am diggin' that 355 he posted, elephant ear and all - kinda like the bell bottoms of guitar pickguards (lol)

355.jpg

Archived