Heritage Owners Club

633 Amps again...

bobmeyrick

I love my 633 Drive King 50W head, and now Cliff Brown has produced a 26W combo version. Here he is putting it through its paces...

He's also made a custom stereo 100W version with two 50w power stages - see the 633 Facebook page for details of that beast!

If you're in the UK and in the market for a boutique amp, Cliff's your man.

I remember when you first posted the acquisition of that head.  I thought it was really impressive.  This combo is right in my wheelhouse!  Great cleans (so I assume it would take pedals well...but who'd need them with the drive section this has), but once he gets into it with the drive up, it's obvious what this is about!  Cliff's a really good player, as well!  Good demo!  very enjoyable.  Glad it's far enough away I don't have to worry about wandering out in order wander back home with one....  I'd gig that one in a heartbeat!  Thanks, Bob!

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the 26W combo, Cliff has just announced that he'll be building a limited number of 15W combos and heads...

"Using the same pre-amp circuitry as it’s bigger brother the new Drive King 15 offers the same features and options as it’s stablemates but with a lower power output stage based around a pair of Russian made, long-lifetime EL84M military spec pentode valves. Aimed at the home and studio player and at guitarists who play live with a lower stage volume this amp has the huge tonal spectrum of the Drive King 100, 50 and 26 and offers all the same options - Reverb, FX Loop, Variable Headroom and Cabinet Simulated output and several foot switch configurations."

I have contacted him after your suggestion, he's really a nice man, feet on earth and head on shoulders
He knows what it means money he told me about the DK 15W edition some time ago

and tonight back from office, I found an email with the official 15W announce, interesting price ?
I can (probably) afford it, just I don't know if it is justified...though for that price I'd go with 26W for maybe more headroom, but again I'm not a Pro guitar player

(don't know what to do)

1 hour ago, Gianluca said:

I have contacted him after your suggestion, he's really a nice man, feet on earth and head on shoulders
He knows what it means money he told me about the DK 15W edition some time ago

and tonight back from office, I found an email with the official 15W announce, interesting price ?
I can (probably) afford it, just I don't know if it is justified...though for that price I'd go with 26W for maybe more headroom, but again I'm not a Pro guitar player

(don't know what to do)

I know Cliff has occasionally done in-store demos - that's how I got to try out the prototype Drive King - but if you can get up to his workshop he has a demo room with a few choice amps for you to try. I realise Northampton is a fair distance from Brighton, but it would be worth spending a bit of time playing through one to get a feel for it. He can also tweak the amp to suit your playing. For example, after I'd owned the Drive King for year Cliff got in touch and asked me to bring it down to check it over and make any adjustments. As it happened there were a couple of things I wanted - reducing the maximum reverb level and reducing the drive a fraction.

If I didn't already have the 50W head, I'd be in the market for the 26W combo - for the sort of gigs I do that's plenty of power!

indeed he invited me up to his shop in Northampton and very kindly offered a ride from/to the station
I think he really loves what he does

thanks for your words Bob, that's motivational ?

• 1 month later...

Archived