Heritage Owners Club

...and I don't even like black guitars!

DavesNotHere

I made an impulsive offer on the H-127 listed on Reverb a few days ago. My offer was accepted an here she sits. The 127 is one of the lesser known Heritages that I have yet to own, so I was excited to finally try one.  It's very comfortable, with a belly cut, drop top and nice low action. Tone wise it's no Tele, but I didn't expect it to be terribly similar. I haven't yet found it's sweet spot, but I'm certain its just me.

Anyway, I genuinely  don't like black guitars and somehow I've wound up with three of them.:BangHead:

The H-127 with the H-555 and the X Terminator.

EuQThSh.jpg

3AjB7UR.jpg

4 minutes ago, LK155 said:

It would appear from the first photo that you've got the H127 plugged directly into the wall.

Isn't that dangerous?

His whole house is wired for sound!

51 minutes ago, LK155 said:

It would appear from the first photo that you've got the H127 plugged directly into the wall.

Isn't that dangerous?

Well, I should have known I couldn't sneak anything past this group.

This is actually a project Elon and I have been working on for several years with funding from the US government and Hammacher Schlemmer. We have mathematically proven the existence of a R Dim7 chord. We believe this chord, if executed properly, on the right guitar, could power a small city for days. Unfortunately,  the R Dim7 requires an appendage that does not exist in this dimension. 

I have been powering my neighborhood by playing early Steely Dan for several weeks. However, during peak power usage I have to switch to Crazy Horse.

6 hours ago, DavesNotHere said:

Well, I should have known I couldn't sneak anything past this group.

This is actually a project Elon and I have been working on for several years with funding from the US government and Hammacher Schlemmer. We have mathematically proven the existence of a R Dim7 chord. We believe this chord, if executed properly, on the right guitar, could power a small city for days. Unfortunately,  the R Dim7 requires an appendage that does not exist in this dimension. 

I have been powering my neighborhood by playing early Steely Dan for several weeks. However, during peak power usage I have to switch to Crazy Horse.

LOL!!!!  Well done!

None more black!

I'm not a fan of black either.  However, that 555 and her brethren look like they're dressed to kill!  Happy NGD!

Thanks guys. That 555 is special. It was the give away guitar at PSP IX(?) I'm still stunned that my name was called.

I've told the story before. Arnie filled me in after the fact how he made a mistake in the specs on the neck, it was originally supposed to be for a custom Roy Clark for another customer. So, when the the subject of the give away came up it was decided to use that neck, since it was just laying around, on a 555/535 body.

The funny thing, at least to me, is that just a few short weeks prior to PSP I was talking with Pete Farmer at Summer NAMM and I filled him in on my next custom build. We pretty much spec'd out this exact guitar, sans the black finish.

So, the first words out of my mouth when I was handed the guitar were, "Well Pete, it looks like you just lost a sale!" :drink2_mini:

And while we're on the subject, regarding the H127, as the Eagles sang she's "...already gone"

2jAxwvE.jpg

Ah!  The impetus for Pressure's trans stinger.

Beauty, eh?  I bet she puts a smile on your lips.

I did the first transparent stinger in 2011 but it turned out darker than I expected. All my subsequent guitars had transparent stingers and they are also darker than I like. Maybe some day I get a light enough stinger but I'm not building anything now. Bad Bob nicknamed the transparent stinger "the Ghost Stinger" a pretty good name.

• 1 month later...

Archived