Heritage Owners Club

Partial tour of the Tone Lounge

yoslate

Let me begin by saying I am not trying to sell anyone anything here!  Dale Laslie, of MegaTone Amps, is my amp guy and a good friend.  He's a character and an amp whiz!  He does repair and restoration and builds to order from scratch, with new components, but his specialty is building vintage amp circuits into old chassis, using as many of the original components as he can.  He does all my work, sells me vintage glass, I own several of his builds, and he's modified almost everything else.  I thought you guys might enjoy seeing some of what he currently has in the shop.  This video shows maybe a third of it.  The Tone Lounge is my personal den of iniquity, in which I've spent far too much time, especially after hours.  Hope you dig the tour! 

13 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Oh man, I would be in SO much trouble if I ever visited his shop! 

That 5E3 clone had my heart fluttering.

Tim, you'd love the Lounge!  And Dale is terrific to parse his builds with...or just jaw about Scotch, brisket, Beatles remastering or '60's muscle cars!  That 5E3+ is exquisite!

If I ever get up to the Piedmont area I will definitely pay him a visit. I also want visit Mojotone in Burgaw, and Throbak as well. 

Curious question- what is the significance of the little 4x6 sheet of paper he keeps picking up and tapping on the equipment ?

I could geek out in there for days! The Tone Geek Lounge!

Archived