Heritage Owners Club

H-535 Tuning Keys

kennyv4

A couple months back I bought a used 2005 gold top H-535.  A couple of nights ago while I was playing, the A string lost tension and I was unable to tighten it..  The guitar came with Sperzel locking tuners.  After some time looking at the Sperzel web site, I noticed the company is based in Cleveland.  Yesterday I called the company and spoke with Roger.  He diagnosed the problem as being the failure of the plastic tuning button. After talking to Roger for a while, I advised him that Sperzel is located only 30 minutes from my house.  Roger invited me to bring in my guitar and he would match the buttons with the housing.  He recommended metal buttons that would not wear out like the plastic buttons.  I just got back from Sperzel.  Roger not only matched the chrome housing with chrome buttons, as a courtesy, he installed them for me. It cost me less than $20 for six chrome buttons.   I really like the locking tuners.  My hats off to the  Sperzel Company and Roger for  standing behind their products and are willing to go above and beyond in customer service.      

Archived