Heritage Owners Club

P90s on H535

LeBaron

I am very fortunate to visit a shop that had a used '09 535 with P90s. Being a lefty makes it nearly impossible to find the exact guitar. In fact, what I desired was a hollow but the 535 was so close... and that p90 is perfect for my tastes. I just bought her in mid 2019 and the posts on this forum helped me with the selection. New member here and first post (happy new year to ya'll). Can't wait to play her more...

Ol Bleu 

"Every man needs a girl from Kalamazoo"!!

Other girlfriends I"m still in touch with: Strat, Les Paul, Tele, 535, Emerald, Regal, Yamaha...

• 1 month later...

That's it, the deed has been done.

Two B90s custom-wound by Mick Brierley in Adelaide, South Australia, have now replaced the HRW humbuckers on my H535.

https://www.brierleyguitarpickups.com.au/p90.htm

Not only do they look like they belong, but  first impressions after a couple of hours experimenting with tone, volume, pickup combos and two different amps are very positive. Brighter tones, better definition and depth, more character than I was getting with the humbuckers - not just to my ear but to my bass player friend as well. Sounding closer to, yet different from my Lollar P90  mounted H530. Early days but very excited with the new lease of life this has given my H535 and the many possibilities waiting to be explored.

Version 2.jpg

Archived