Heritage Owners Club

It can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargained with...

DavesNotHere

hey..i have one of these

y472sgN.jpg

what are the odds that i signed up here to ask about it the day after you post this? how many of these are there? i've seen a white lefty for sale and a pic of a red one with a trem from the catalog.

i got this guitar about 13 years ago and one time i emailed heritage about it but they gave me really vague details about the things i wanted to know most, specifically the pickups and wood used...best i could get was schaller pickups but not the model. i think everything on mine is stock but someone who owned it before me did a really crappy job of covering some dings in the finish which always annoyed me. it looks like they used nail polish.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, malky said:

hey..i have one of these

y472sgN.jpg

what are the odds that i signed up here to ask about it the day after you post this? how many of these are there? i've seen a white lefty for sale and a pic of a red one with a trem from the catalog.

i got this guitar about 13 years ago and one time i emailed heritage about it but they gave me really vague details about the things i wanted to know most, specifically the pickups and wood used...best i could get was schaller pickups but not the model. i think everything on mine is stock but someone who owned it before me did a really crappy job of covering some dings in the finish which always annoyed me. it looks like they used nail polish.

Cool! That's only the only other one I've seen in wild besides mine (and the lefty on reverb).

I got the same vague answers as you. Every time I pick up an odd ball Heritage, Marv's answer to how many they built is " around ten"

He told me the terminator was poplar, but 30 years is a long time ago.

As an aside, at one of the PSPs I was talking (and drinking beer), with Jim and Marv about a Parsons Street that I had recently picked up (Fred Zepp has it now...I'm waiting....), and I asked them what wood they used. They argued back and forth for a few minutes with Marv certain it was poplar and Jim insisting it was bass wood.  Finally, and with authority, Jim said "Bass wood, it's bass wood". As Jim is saying this, Marv is standing just behind him waving his hands and shaking his head no and silently mouthing "Poplar. It's poplar." .

The good old days at the Farm.

Anyway, mine is a "B" serial number what year is yours?

Mine was in the same condition, the paint was a flat red  that was touched up multiple times. It had definitely seen better days. Mine now has the fresh smell of nitro and and a fresh plek job. 

Me, Marv and the Terminator.  Who's that handsome devil photo-bombing?

NXoXtZd.jpg

cool! it's lucky that you've been able to meet those guys.

thanks for the info. i'm not sure i would have guessed either of those woods, not that it really matters. i have a "C" serial number. this was my first real guitar and i love it, one day i will probably have a bit of work done on it like you did.

the pickups seem hot but i've never actually measured the output, i think they're like the Schaller pickups that were in 80s Kramer guitars:

http://www.vintagekramer.com/parts9.htm

the first pic here looks just like mine.

Archived