Heritage Owners Club

Finally swapped out my Schallers

Gtwibs

So, I was never really interested in swapping out my Schaller pickups in my H150.  I've always been extremely satisfied with the guitar.  It's probably the best Les Paul style I've ever played. I didn't find it overly muddy as many have described schallers.  Anyhow, I recently went to a free Pete Thorn clinic and they raffled off a number of Suhr products including a set of Pete Thorn Thornbuckers.  It was a free clinic and a free to enter raffle for 5 different prizes. Turns out, I won the pickup raffle! 

So the shop swapped em into my H150 for me.  I think the thornbuckers sound great, very clear, low output pickups.  I'm still not 100% sure I made the right choice since i've always loved the sound of this guitar, but it does sound great.  I also preferred the covered humbucker look on this guitar, but I'll probably end up sticking with the thornbuckers going forward.

Just thought i'd share.  Also, since I could use some money, i'll probably be putting the schallers up for sale.  What's a reasonable price for the set?

Thanks.

worth the try, especially since the Thorns were free!...you can always go back to the Schallers.  Let it settle in a bit to your ears and then decide.  The Thornbuckers might be more marketable...

just my two cents....

Hang onto the Schallers until you play the new pups for a while.  You seem to like clean low output pickup so give it a few weeks.  I like to hear my guitar too. 

Archived