Heritage Owners Club

NGD - H-140

ScottL

So I went to Wolfe Guitars in Jupiter, Florida for some Plek work on another guitar and somehow came out with this Heritage H-140 from 2001. It has a Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge (had earlier replaced the Schaller PUP). I wasn't even looking for a Heritage Les Paul style guitar but couldn't put this one down. So now it's mine!

I owned a Heritage H-150 Goldtop with P-90's a few years back but sold it because of the weight and the P-90 hum that came from the guitar. It was beautifully made though.

IMG_4538.thumb.jpeg.613d3b0a9b9442d32e783d61f0edf92b.jpeg

Saw Jay post your photo on Facebook yesterday.  Very nice guitar indeed.  True workhorse of Heritage guitars.  That one must of been made during a transition from Schaller to TonePros hardware, unless that was previously changed too.

Regardless, congratulations.  Welcome to the Collective.

Thanks for the nice replies! This 2001 H-140 has had some updates over the years before I came along. The Schaller bridge pickup was changed to a Seymour Duncan JB and the original Schaller bridge was replaced with the Tonepros bridge & tailpiece but the original Schaller bridge and tailpiece is in the case. 

I recently sold a Gibson Custom Shop SG Elegant that had Gibson 57 Classic pickups and I kind of miss those. The guitar wouldn't stay in tune but I loved the pickups and am considering buying a set of 57 Classics to put into the H-140.

• 4 months later...

Great looking burst on that one.   The H140 is a great playing guitar. 

Also...  I'd experiment with pickup height and polepiece adjustment before changing pickups.  But I think the JB is a hotter pickup, so that may be a factor. 

On 12/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, TalismanRich said:

I think you'll like the 140.   GREAT platform... lighter than a 150 or LP with much the same vibe.    I pulled the Schallers out of mine and added SD Alnico 2 Pros to mine.  

Recently my friend built a Eddie Van Halen style guitar, you know, one pickup wired straight to a volume control to the output jack (Strat body, Floyd Rose, no pickguard, etc), and he had me do the wiring job for him. He used the Seymour Duncan "Slash" Alnico II Pro style pickup. And I sh*t you not, that guitar is one of the most responsive guitars that I have ever played, and I am no Eddie Van Halen fan. Those Alnico II Pros are great and are one of Seymour's best! I've had the Strat Alnico II Pros since they first came out in the 80s! And it is a great guitar.

On 5/7/2020 at 4:06 PM, rockabilly69 said:

Recently my friend built a Eddie Van Halen style guitar, you know, one pickup wired straight to a volume control to the output jack (Strat body, Floyd Rose, no pickguard, etc), and he had me do the wiring job for him. He used the Seymour Duncan "Slash" Alnico II Pro style pickup. And I sh*t you not, that guitar is one of the most responsive guitars that I have ever played, and I am no Eddie Van Halen fan. Those Alnico II Pros are great and are one of Seymour's best! I've had the Strat Alnico II Pros since they first came out in the 80s! And it is a great guitar.

Someone say EVH guitar?

6F4A69D8-D906-4FA3-BD8F-6ED0750519F9.jpeg

Archived