Heritage Owners Club

Testing out the Strymon Iridium

barrymclark

21 minutes ago, bolero said:

what is it? sounds like he's just playing through an amp?

...and that's just it. I'm not playing through an amp. It's the Strymon Iridium. It's a modeler pedal. Freakishly realistic in sound and feel. I A/B'd it to my real amps. ... I sold the amps.

Do you use it live?  What do you use for a monitor and power amp? The issue I have had with using something like this live is how to get the sound out to the audience and also my stage sound. 

1 hour ago, rwinking said:

Do you use it live?  What do you use for a monitor and power amp? The issue I have had with using something like this live is how to get the sound out to the audience and also my stage sound. 

I haven't used this one live but I have gone direct for over a year now so I have done it with other devices. Let's say I go to a venue that has onstage monitor support as well as a system for the floor. I just ask for an XLR or, in the case of the Iridium run a direct box and ask for an XLR. If there isn't any stage monitor support, then I bring my Tech 21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe rig. If there's no PA support either, I can expand my Power Engine rig with as many power engines and extension cabs as I feel necessary. 

For around the house playing, I just plug either my guitar or bass preamp/DI boxes in to the Tech 21 Power Engine and play away. I've never had an issue. It's always worked out rather well.

Archived