Heritage Owners Club

Centurion now 20 years old

FredZepp

The Centurion was designed and created to be the final instrument out of the historic Parsons Street Plant in the 20th Century.   New Years Day seems like a good time to post some pics. 

So it's now reached 20 years old.   Here's a few new pics...

Oe4WxfG7oUwWBOmDMYqPQUIz9yEMjmhaYzJE71e9E-VycTNouUVagOnnIyAA3THM6P65whPWzrcCCBcTdc4vr-rq0DRvMprdjoL9_Hr87mqg3s16unEB_evg1do0IQU4ahmMdRSt_hv_4QrzLx-tb5lsiRs-a6HiSlRTEkRcgLUl0wIk3tHLTjKV8ZNSbLByQMytVmVsRCE3UHNJm_qHQZtsN1zA4TkHtuWP9Lq8qnibw-0OKMknjiKyJHd2LLzW5BypVYWshRXubwcG1_jNCs6tXbUznKym7QcCD7rkO_F-FeZyzgKvEz3mUvdYZHaU

3 minutes ago, pressure said:

Great guitar Fred. Interesting to see Pete Farmers signature on the lable.

Thanks.   Pete also signed the certificate for this ... as he was very involved in creating this with Larry Perkins.   He's got great stories of the process. 

4 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Yup,  that's a beauty, for sure!    I hope you got to spend a bit of time pickin' on her around midnight.

Yes...  I was playing this around midnight.  It could use a new set of strings , but always a delight to play and hear that big 18" archtop.  

16 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Happy 20th birthday to your amazing Heritage Centurion, Fred.  (Shouldn't this be in the birthday thread?)  :icon_rabbit:

Have you ever considered putting a pickguard on her?

I don't know if I could do my Townsend windmill's if it had a pickguard....   actually it's nice to show the wood and this thing don't need no more bling. 

54 minutes ago, Kuz said:

It's too bad they went cheap-Charlie on the wood and didn't pick out some special pallets that would pop.

ha... yeah, Pete talks about how they went through every piece of ebony at the plant and every piece of of abalone that they could get their hands on.  The neck was one Pete was holding back for something special.   And the wood on the back is insane.... 

I tend to pull out this guitar on holidays ..... seems right to grab this for a special occasion.  

3 hours ago, FredZepp said:

ha... yeah, Pete talks about how they went through every piece of ebony at the plant and every piece of of abalone that they could get their hands on.  The neck was one Pete was holding back for something special.   And the wood on the back is insane.... 

I tend to pull out this guitar on holidays ..... seems right to grab this for a special occasion.  

Absolutely. The Centurion and Vince Lewis' Sweet 16 are possible my two favorite archtops.  

Of course this beauty isn't shabby either....

Zwg1zbG.jpg

BA5EeNT.jpg

BVEsZrD.jpg

On 1/1/2020 at 10:21 PM, Kuz said:

Absolutely. The Centurion and Vince Lewis' Sweet 16 are possible my two favorite archtops.  

Of course this beauty isn't shabby either....

For playing on a regular basis, I think I'd pick the Sweet 16 over the big archtop.

Lately I've been enjoying the L-48 from 1950 , I picked up in Kzoo.   I did change out the flatwounds on that one.

2 hours ago, chico said:

wow, never knew that build process story.  cool as hell..... HNY Fred!

And a Fantastic New Year to you, Chico !  It's good to see you post. 

I got great details of the making of this guitar from Larry Perkins and Pete Farmer...  a great guitar with some great stories of it's creation. 

Thanks all for the kind comments..... 

Archived