Heritage Owners Club

Centurion now 20 years old

FredZepp

28 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

They know people that can make another....

A lot of those people (not all) maybe long gone compared to the current crop of employees.  And they haven't made a carved, tap-tuned archtop in what, almost 5 years?

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

They know people that can make another....

Part of the value is it's the very last to leave Parson's in 1999.  Let alone the woods... 

Yeah... I agree that it would be a nice addition to their upcoming museum at Parsons Street.  ....   they spent a long amount of time gathering the individual parts to make this . 

A long time back, I was talking with Pete about it... he said.....

"I was notorious for hoarding wood.Necks,tops,backs,fingerboards,etc..That guitar is a 1% guitar.Most of it came from my stash.The top is Michigan maple,Larry insisted.

Inlays, I picked from 100s,the best. Every detail is top of the line.We put a lot of extra care into that guitar.The inside of your guitar,is nicer than most outsides. "

8 hours ago, FredZepp said:

Yeah... I agree that it would be a nice addition to their upcoming museum at Parsons Street.  ....   they spent a long amount of time gathering the individual parts to make this . 

A long time back, I was talking with Pete about it... he said.....

"I was notorious for hoarding wood.Necks,tops,backs,fingerboards,etc..That guitar is a 1% guitar.Most of it came from my stash.The top is Michigan maple,Larry insisted.

Inlays, I picked from 100s,the best. Every detail is top of the line.We put a lot of extra care into that guitar.The inside of your guitar,is nicer than most outsides. "

Well at least there is someone there that had something to do with the build.

Another would be a certain member's 1985 Heritage H140 Custom... That should be brought in as museum piece or for use a template for a special run.

Speaking of museums and what not,

What's the current status of all those ambitious plans to convert 225 into a "multi-faceted tourist/business destination"?

I personally haven't been to the 225 complex in about 2 years and rarely speak to anyone that's still working there.

Outside of the new production area for the Harmony guitars, has there been any actual progress made towards the museum, restaurant/bar, recording studio or performance stage?

2 hours ago, Polo said:

What's the current status of all those ambitious plans to convert 225 into a "multi-faceted tourist/business destination"?

I personally haven't been to the 225 complex in about 2 years and rarely speak to anyone that's still working there.

Outside of the new production area for the Harmony guitars, has there been any actual progress made towards the museum, restaurant/bar, recording studio or performance stage?

I've been there a few times last year and have not seen anything going on in regards to this.

They were working on the old Gibson offices and that part of the complex when I was there last summer for the PSP. Seems like they are slowly making progress, trying to keep momentum going and interest around town... but it has been fairly quiet lately.

11 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Fred I'm wondering if anybody that participated in building your guitar worked on either one my L5s guitars as they were built by the better craftsman at Gibson in 1975 and 1978 while  they were still in Kalamazoo...

Oh, that seems likely to some degree.  Jim, Marv, Floyd, Teddy etc  would have been in the plant,  ( I don't think Bill or Ren would be hands on involved) 

4 hours ago, Polo said:

I was under the impression that the work inside the old plant ended up being more extensive than anticipated.   I don't know that anyone has been through that building recently.... 

10 minutes ago, FredZepp said:

I was under the impression that the work inside the old plant ended up being more extensive than anticipated.   I don't know that anyone has been through that building recently.... 

I haven't heard anything.  I keep in touch with them on a regular basis, so I assume nothing has progressed.  I think it is more about funding than anything.

1 hour ago, Gitfiddler said:

Haha!  Great image mock up.

All this time I never noticed that the name is actually "Eagle Centurion". 

Guess you never did any investigations during your 9 to 5 career Tim.

Archived