Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Blowout thread

rwinking

Here's the blow-out H-137 I picked up - it came yesterday but they recommended I let it "acclimate" for 24 hours before taking it out of the box.  Gonna play with it this weekend but my first impressions are that this guitar is a keeper.  The quality appears to be very high.  No finish issues and set-up out of the box is good.

Here it is with my "new" Dr. Z Carmen Ghia:

cEeSVEJ.jpg

Close-up of the body:

8Jt73kM.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, jaguarguy!  Beautiful!  Have at it.

Nice snatch!

The missing link abreast the missing link.  Pure class.

7 hours ago, 111518 said:

But, when I read Steiner's post, I couldn't help but think ... he and I disagreed often, maybe even usually,  back in the days when this forum hosted some wide-ranging debate.  On this point, we completely agree.  Seems worth saying, and thanks to Steiner, and 'Bird, and Kuz, and Deytook, and others, for saying it well.   

All of us from the old days had our differences but we sucked it up and went on -still as friends.  That is what made this site and the old crew at 225 Parsons special.  Well said Six Digits!

17 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Back to the original OP. 

Back door deals are done every minute of every day. Companies do it for all kinds of reasons. 

Before we get on the new Heritage we can’t be so naive in thinking that the old Heritage didn’t do the same thing. The new Heritage just did it in a big and what turned out public way. 

I know of HOC members that brokered deals without going through “Dealers” including me. 

I fell in love with Heritage Guitar 25 years ago and will be a supporter until they close the doors. I’m from Michigan and I am proud of the Kalamazoo story. 

My 2 cents 

We all know someone that had a side deal through the factory direct.

Usually, those deals are kept secret, but other times it hasn't been so quiet.

A certain H-357 Korina comes to mind...

5 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

All of us from the old days had our differences but we sucked it up and went on -still as friends.  That is what made this site and the old crew at 225 Parsons special.  Well said Six Digits!

Sorry all, I removed my post because I was venting and directing it at my friends.

40 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Sorry all, I removed my post because I was venting and directing it at my friends.

You made good points.  It didn't matter who you addressed.

2 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

We all know someone that had a side deal through the factory direct.

Usually, those deals are kept secret, but other times it hasn't been so quiet.

A certain H-357 Korina comes to mind...

If this is directed at me I said including me!

Also not everyone on this Forum has had the opportunity to do that.

13 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

Here's the blow-out H-137 I picked up - it came yesterday but they recommended I let it "acclimate" for 24 hours before taking it out of the box.  Gonna play with it this weekend but my first impressions are that this guitar is a keeper.  The quality appears to be very high.  No finish issues and set-up out of the box is good.

Here it is with my "new" Dr. Z Carmen Ghia:

cEeSVEJ.jpg

Close-up of the body:

8Jt73kM.jpg

Found a defect....

Knobs don't go to 11.

Congratulations on a sweet deal.  137 are just killer!

Im thinking a 137 may be my next Heritage, however I think im looking for an older one, as I like the tv yellow  and the new Tv color is more LImed than I like> Does anyone know why the new Tv yellow is more cream or is it just in the pics Im seeing?

Here is the label from the H-530 I received. ?

To err is human....................

Heritage is sending me a new label.

530 Labe..jpg

11 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

You don't have to worry about pissing us off.  We are too close.

1 hour ago, pressure said:

Everybody talks about old Heritage charm, well a wrong lable is old Heritage charm. Leave the wrong lable!

Perhaps slightly overlap the old with the new; leaving the old text in tact, showing the correction.  I agree with pressure, charming.

5 hours ago, pressure said:

Everybody talks about old Heritage charm, well a wrong lable is old Heritage charm. Leave the wrong lable!

3 hours ago, Steiner said:

Perhaps slightly overlap the old with the new; leaving the old text in tact, showing the correction.  I agree with pressure, charming.

Genius minds think alike! 

51 minutes ago, yoslate said:

I think Heritage is the genus, and 530 would be the species....  Uh..no, wait....  What?

Haaaaa. 
Other than the label this species is top notch. Intonation was a little off but that was easily fixed. 

It's not just Heritage that gets labels wrong.I have a 1964 Gibson ES330,the label describes it as an ES330C,

i.e C for Cherry colour,but the guitar is sunburst.Just part of the guitar's charm (mind you it's a great guitar !)

Archived