Heritage Owners Club

I'm blaming it on my cell phone...

212Mavguy

It is here!  And it is exceptionally gorgeous,  practically unplayed!  The only thing right about the setup was the truss rod adjustment!   I will spend a few hours getting it like I am used to and it will most definitely sing like a bird when I get done!

WOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, 212Mavguy said:

It is here!  And it is exceptionally gorgeous,  practically unplayed!  The only thing right about the setup was the truss rod adjustment!   I will spend a few hours getting it like I am used to and it will most definitely sing like a bird when I get done!

WOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

so no crack on the headstock I assume????

That is correct.  I'm beyond pleased!  Stop bar tail piece was too low, half the strings were draped over the back side of it behind the saddles, the bridge and PU's were too high.  Gonna take some work and likely will be way beyond worth it in the tone department...

Lordy!  It has fangs!  It is waaay worthy in the feel and tone department...Dropped the action down to much lower than it came, the frets feel very nice and even, the nut is cut well, Got the stop piece up enough, it's sitting pretty high but am leaving it not wrapped over the top, I put some Cleartone 10's on it and they have some hours to do before I mess with that stop bar any more.  I would wrap over the top, but I cut the strings too short to reinstall if I did that.  It has some 335 tones in it, but provides more top end, harmonic content, and picking dynamics.  Bottom is still plenty big, but man, when I put my HRM into the lead channel it freakin' ROCKED the house.  Huge harmonic content...the parrots were going nuts.  They liked it a lot.  It has a LOT of sustain, any Les Paul owner would love what it does.  Still have to intonate some of the strings, and might tweak a tad with the pole pieces.  As it is, it is a big giggle right now without doing anything more, Just a bit of OCD for a bit of time to get it in the "freakin' perfect" spot.  it provides a lot of grins!  

Compared to your average Gibby/Epi 335, this instrument is a LOT more lively sounding...It can do some pretty awesome country twang, play mellow for a bit of jazz grooves, or it can flat out rock haaaard, not anything it can't do quite well.     

The bang for the buck is off the scale.  I could flip it for a lot more than I paid for it, but am going to hang on to it for sure.  It's way too fun to play and hear it to let it go for a long, long while.  It IS the way a Heritage guitar is supposed to be.  Great woods, construction, attention to details, looks, playability, jaw dropping tones, and fantastic value.

3 minutes ago, 212Mavguy said:

Lordy!  It has fangs!  It is waaay worthy in the feel and tone department...Dropped the action down to much lower than it came, the frets feel very nice and even, the nut is cut well, Got the stop piece up enough, it's sitting pretty high but am leaving it not wrapped over the top, I put some Cleartone 10's on it and they have some hours to do before I mess with that stop bar any more.  I would wrap over the top, but I cut the strings too short to reinstall if I did that.  It has some 335 tones in it, but provides more top end, harmonic content, and picking dynamics.  Bottom is still plenty big, but man, when I put my HRM into the lead channel it freakin' ROCKED the house.  Huge harmonic content...the parrots were going nuts.  They liked it a lot.  It has a LOT of sustain, any Les Paul owner would love what it does.  Still have to intonate some of the strings, and might tweak a tad with the pole pieces.  As it is, it is a big giggle right now without doing anything more, Just a bit of OCD for a bit of time to get it in the "freakin' perfect" spot.  it provides a lot of grins!  

Compared to your average Gibby/Epi 335, this instrument is a LOT more lively sounding...It can do some pretty awesome country twang, play mellow for a bit of jazz grooves, or it can flat out rock haaaard, not anything it can't do quite well.     

The bang for the buck is off the scale.  I could flip it for a lot more than I paid for it, but am going to hang on to it for sure.  It's way too fun to play and hear it to let it go for a long, long while.  It IS the way a Heritage guitar is supposed to be.  Great woods, construction, attention to details, looks, playability, jaw dropping tones, and fantastic value.

Well posts some pics now that you've got it all cleaned up! Other wise it never happened.

Dan, I'm going to have to take some lessons to learn cell phone I.T.  Maybe during a break at the Corner Store I can shoot some pics with my phone of your pedalboard setup and we can post in in the amplification department.  Than I can apply what I have learned from the master to git 'er done for the guitar pics...

52 minutes ago, 212Mavguy said:

Dan, I'm going to have to take some lessons to learn cell phone I.T.  Maybe during a break at the Corner Store I can shoot some pics with my phone of your pedalboard setup and we can post in in the amplification department.  Than I can apply what I have learned from the master to git 'er done for the guitar pics...

Just bring your new guitar (I will bring my Princeton Reverb as part of my rig this week, and we can do a small video for these guys), don't worry I won't blow it up:)

Besides my pedal board is nothing compared to what people would use for electrics...

iltXUpB.jpg

I'm afraid to take it out in the cold...waaaaaah, I know.  It literally is in showroom, unplayed looking condition.  Let me pick a better opportunity from a logistics point of view before bringing out the RC.   I won't be getting off the hill and out of the locker room until close to 5 pm anyway.  Aaaand, I think that I am playing a showcase that evening in Midway with a friend from K-Zoo that I used to teach skiing with at Deer Valley.  I played for 5 1/2 hours yesterday with a friend and his small and large bands for Sundance.  Chicago Mike Beck is an unnatural force of nature...I was wiped out when I got home.  

I finished the RC setup just now, have three distinct voices with the PU switch, and got it to sound warmer, sweeter, and more balanced overall.  It's more like a 335 now, but still more "attitude."  It sounded pretty special with my HRM D-clone/2/12 Tone Tubby stuffed Seismic cab.  

Gonna dial in the RedPlate Blues Machine 2/12 for it next.  That's a 1/12 combo.  I think that it would sound better through your Beaufort than your Princeton.  

In the meantime I'll try to shoot some pics of you on Saturday.  I have a 555 with Seths that is a bit more gig worn looking and it is a close cousin to the RC.  Let's set that up for a warmer Saturday than this weekend...

On 1/24/2020 at 4:00 PM, Steiner said:

See how easy it is to get photos up?

And without the aid of a little blue diamond shaped pill!

8 hours ago, 212Mavguy said:

I'm afraid to take it out in the cold...waaaaaah, I know.  

I think that it would sound better through your Beaufort than your Princeton.  

Oh my, it's not that cold under my heater:)

And maybe on the Beaufort, but my Princeton with it's trem and reverb might be the better amp for the Heritage :)

I did take it to it's first gig last week...it's interesting that in the venue that the guitar and amp don't sound like in the living room.  I think that I can raise the PU's a little bit more.  It sounded like an exceptionally sweet 335.  Gorgeous to look at and hear, both.  It has room to dial in a bit more attitude.

Dan, I had a lesson that stayed on the hill quite a bit longer than I expected, so sorry to miss you last Saturday.  

3 hours ago, 212Mavguy said:

I did take it to it's first gig last week...it's interesting that in the venue that the guitar and amp don't sound like in the living room.  I think that I can raise the PU's a little bit more.  It sounded like an exceptionally sweet 335.  Gorgeous to look at and hear, both.  It has room to dial in a bit more attitude.

Dan, I had a lesson that stayed on the hill quite a bit longer than I expected, so sorry to miss you last Saturday.  

It was a great Saturday the weather was beautiful! See ya soon!

Archived