Heritage Owners Club

NHGD '89 H-150

FredZepp

2 hours ago, FredZepp said:

another pic... shows the " 50th Anniversary 1955-2005" engraving better.    The anniversary of Seth Lover creating the humbucking pickup. 

20200117_210823.jpg

I've had a set of the signed Seth's and they were great! I was dying to try another set of boutique pickups, which frankly, weren't any better than the Seths! I think you should dump the Schaller bridge though and get a proper ABR Fred as just the aesthetics alone, with that killer top, would make it worth it, and I wouldn't doubt it would change the sound for the better (as I've posted here many times before, I like The Faber tone-loc with the deeper german steel body inserts that take about 5 minutes to install)...

https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-tone-lock/master-kit/heritage/

20 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

I've had a set of the signed Seth's and they were great! I was dying to try another set of boutique pickups, which frankly, weren't any better than the Seths! I think you should dump the Schaller bridge though and get a proper ABR Fred as just the aesthetics alone, with that killer top, would make it worth it, and I wouldn't doubt it would change the sound for the better (as I've posted here many times before, I like The Faber tone-loc with the deeper german steel body inserts that take about 5 minutes to install)...

https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-tone-lock/master-kit/heritage/

I've been looking at the Faber upgrade kits.  $220 isn't a bad price for a complete kit.

this was originally Kuz's goldtop, but I have no idea what's on it...

IMG_0074.JPG

On 1/27/2020 at 9:27 AM, FredZepp said:

another pic... shows the " 50th Anniversary 1955-2005" engraving better.    The anniversary of Seth Lover creating the humbucking pickup. 

20200117_210823.jpg

fantastic!

15 hours ago, pressure said:

When in doubt ask Kuz. I have the Goldtop with ThroBak humbuckers he sold when you bought his p90 Goldtop. I believe he put Faber parts on both of them.

It was Faber, but some parts were taken off prior to my purchasing.  I'm not sure what's left.

Archived