Heritage Owners Club

2016 Super Eagle Purchase

WScott

I am glad to be back on the site after some time away.  I gave my 535 to one of my sons as part of his inheritance.  He loves it.  He had an old Fender but plays the 535 all the time now.  I gave my Classic to one of my daughters as part of here inheritance.  She loves it.  She says she has never seen a more beautiful guitar.

BUT, I miss them.  So last week I got a 2016 Super Eagle.  It should be delivered next week.  I am really looking forward to it.  It was a custom build for the 2016 NAMM Show.  There is a video on You Tube from that 2016 show.  And the guitar is the big Cherry Red one on the far wall to the left of the speakers.   Toward the end of the video the Heritage salesman gets down to the Super Eagle and discusses it briefly.

The guitar has had the tail piece changed to the "H" tailpiece.  I got it from Jay Wolfe in Jupiter Florida.  It is the same place I bought a prior Heritage.  They say the frets look brand new. You can still find the pictures and full description of the guitar via Google.  I am not sure how the guitar found its way to Wolfe Guitars but Jay says he is still the biggest Heritage dealer in the USA.  

I have always wanted one of these Super body models and expect it to provide the mellow sounds that I enjoy most when singing.  I figured that since I start my 80th year in April I had better get what I really want while I can still play it.  ?

Cheers to all my old friend whom I hope are still playing these great Heritage guitars.     Scott

54 minutes ago, WScott said:

So last week I got a 2016 Super Eagle.  It should be delivered next week.  I am really looking forward to it.  It was a custom build for the 2016 NAMM Show.  There is a video on You Tube from that 2016 show.  And the guitar is the big Cherry Red one on the far wall to the left of the speakers.   Toward the end of the video the Heritage salesman gets down to the Super Eagle and discusses it briefly.

8 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

I have heard of guitar like this before...

img_0877_std.jpg

Thanks, Bird!  Was on my way to post about this one.  You've saved me some trouble. Congratulations, Scott!  This is me, with my custom spec Super, in the buffing room at Parsons Street.  Ordered it in 2006.  A long time coming, and worth every minute of the wait.  It's a spectacular piece of craftsmanship!  You'll love it!  And kudos on your forward-thinking generosity to your kids!

On 2/1/2020 at 9:06 AM, yoslate said:

Thanks, Bird!  Was on my way to post about this one.  You've saved me some trouble. Congratulations, Scott!  This is me, with my custom spec Super, in the buffing room at Parsons Street.  Ordered it in 2006.  A long time coming, and worth every minute of the wait.  It's a spectacular piece of craftsmanship!  You'll love it!  And kudos on your forward-thinking generosity to your kids!

Have you ever seen a happier new guitar day? Wow that rig has got ALL the goods!

Archived