Heritage Owners Club

Can you name the Heritage model?

rwinking

Can you name the Heritage model of the Blue guitar in this video?

There were five of them made apparently but it is a signature model....

Right you are. Kind of a combination btw a tele, strat and SG.

I think the one in the picture is the same on as in the video. I bought it here from John Covach and. I put a black pick guard on it. I still have the white pick guard and original pickups. Really cool guitar. I wish they had made more of them. Were there other colors?

16 hours ago, rwinking said:

I think the one in the picture is the same on as in the video. I bought it here from John Covach and. I put a black pick guard on it. I still have the white pick guard and original pickups. Really cool guitar. I wish they had made more of them. Were there other colors?

There is a picture of a white one that was apparently listed on Reverb some time ago, and  a photo of a red one in one of your threads from a few years ago.    That would make 3 of the 5 accounted for.   

Interestingly,  while browsing for those   I found pictures of Leon holding a very similar guitar,  white with black guard, made by G&L.   

Leon with G&L T400

1477621479_LeonRhodesGL.jpg.572ac2efe7c1183f2a2a9071e5ed34f1.jpg

Which was first? The Heritage or the G&L? Interestingly enough, he usually played Epiphones. They were made at Parsons Street back then. I never saw him use the Heritage model.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:55 PM, rwinking said:

And I sold it to John Covach. After buying it from Brently. .......... ?

19 hours ago, Genericmusic said:

Didn't Brent own one of these? A red one maybe? ?

At one time Mr. Brently had two. I bought the blue one. The other may have been red. Interesting guitar. Not quite a Tele. Not quite a ........ 

I have a red one, which I purchased from Brent. 

I had a plan to get a new pickguard made and to reconfigure the pickups using a Tom Short mini-bucker up front (since Leon Rhodes used Epi's w minis), but, that was right at the time Tom Short's site disappeared, and the guitar and project went into the closet.  (I have his mini's in a couple of early 90s USA Epi Rivera reissues --one of my favorite pickups.)  

I lost inspiration when I realized I couldn't get the pickup I wanted --having one of those mini's in a solidbody was the motivation for the project.  I'll eventually get back to it.  I like the guitar, but, the pickups/configuration ... not so much. 

I came across this topic while searching for "Leon Rhodes" guitars.  I saw and held and played a Leon Rhodes Gibson yesterday (2 of them actually) so I was searching, came across the Heritage models and that led me here.  I do not own a Heritage (yet) but did come across a smokin' deal on a Heritage "Les Paul".  I have yet to pull the trigger on it.

Leon Rhodes Prototype.jpg

Archived