Heritage Owners Club

NuGD: H-150 Blonde Beauty

Gianluca

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an image I poster 2 years ago. This is the oil I use (F-One Oil) with a good quality cloth.

That 2 fluid ounce bottle is probably enough for 100 years of fretboards  no mater how many guitars you have (thats right I'm talking about you Mr. Brentley).

Like Mr. Miyagi says "wipe on, wipe off".

LL34tYn.jpg

When you get around to buying pots,  this might be handy to have.   Its the coding system that CTS uses on their pots.  

CTS 450G.pdf

I went with 30% tapers with 10% tolerance, but I measured each one before I put them in and chose ones withing 1% of 500K.   I can't say that it made it sound any better, but I like the smoothness of the taper better.

11 hours ago, Gianluca said:

spent some time adjusting PUs height
what a tone, I love it
I hope to upgrade to VIP pots and Tiger caps in the near future

I think the Grey Tigers are overpriced and a bit of snake oil, the are dressed up caps that aren't real grey tigers, I recommend getting something like this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Les-Paul-Wiring-Harness-Kit-550k-Centralab-Spec-VIP-Short-Shaft-131P-Vitamin-Q/183255183742?hash=item2aaadc317e:g:cRYAAOSw4qxarYPc 

I have spraque vitamin Q .022s in many of my guitars, and practice what I preach, here's my last wiring job...

Ikgt7nS.jpg?1

These pots are in this guitar...

nYsGUt7.jpg?1

And this is what it sounds like...

rockabilly I agree with you, those are psychological kind of prices, I threw a stone to see the waves in the Pond ?
thanks for your suggestions
I built pedals and done some kind of repairs time ago, some knowledge is still there but not comparable with some of you guys&gals

current status of my Gold Top

GianlucaRiccardi-H150GT_controlsCavity.jpg

13 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

When you get around to buying pots,  this might be handy to have.   Its the coding system that CTS uses on their pots.  

CTS 450G.pdf 441.07 kB · 0 downloads

I went with 30% tapers with 10% tolerance, but I measured each one before I put them in and chose ones withing 1% of 500K.   I can't say that it made it sound any better, but I like the smoothness of the taper better.

Thank you TalismanRich, I downloaded the pdf and will read it
I thought the pots to be the VIPs that rockabilly69 linked in some prev comment
but surely I'd better understand

• 2 weeks later...

You have tried a lot of adjustments.  I am wondering if the previous owner flied the nut to fit heavier gauge strings which could cause fret buzzing.  You may want to have the guitar setup by a qualified luthier . 

You have tried a lot of adjustments.  I am wondering if the previous owner flied the nut to fit heavier gauge strings which could cause fret buzzing.  You may want to have the guitar setup by a qualified luthier .  Senior moment, submitted this under the wring thread. 

Archived