Heritage Owners Club

Dressed Up H550

tsp17

I was getting some buzz/rattle from the original H tailpiece, so I replaced it with a Benedetto style ebony tailpiece I have had sitting around  for a while (purchased on this forum from MartyGrass several years ago) and also installed ebony tone/volume knobs.  Tailpiece and knobs now match the ebony fretboard.  

large.IMG_1033.jpeg.3621d205b083910c918ae38054dc4672.jpeg

8 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

okay now throw an ebony archtop bridge on the badboy!

been thinking about that!  I also ordered some ebony tuner buttons.

4 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Nice touch and Beautiful Guitar!

much appreciated! especially since you my friend have spec'd some of the most beautiful Heritage guitars ever made.  I still miss that Duaneburst 150 that you had them make and that I bought from another HOC member, and then another HOC member bought from me.  (my avatar is still the headstock from that one!)

On 3/1/2020 at 12:01 PM, Gitfiddler said:

Classy upgrades!

On 3/2/2020 at 1:10 PM, Gianluca said:

cool guitar

3 hours ago, Gitterman said:

Pickup rings, too. That tailpiece looks great on there.

Thanks all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TSP, did the same for my 550 because the H tailpiece did not soften the chimey nature. Put a Braz RW tailpiece, inserted a Platemate, and have a regular Nashville adjustable bridge on top of ebony, which mellows out the sound a bit. Have found that 550 owners are more likely to tinker with their guitars than many others. Ordered mine in '98, w/O: pickup, fretboard inlay, pickguard, and knobs. Put a Charlie Christian on it, Gibbons Bowtie inlay, and Ibanez Sure Grip II knobs, and haven't looked back. Yours is my favorite Heritage finish... wish I had chose it.- Charles Bevell  Bloomington IN

8 minutes ago, unikh550 said:

TSP, did the same for my 550 because the H tailpiece did not soften the chimey nature. Put a Braz RW tailpiece, inserted a Platemate, and have a regular Nashville adjustable bridge on top of ebony, which mellows out the sound a bit. Have found that 550 owners are more likely to tinker with their guitars than many others. Ordered mine in '98, w/O: pickup, fretboard inlay, pickguard, and knobs. Put a Charlie Christian on it, Gibbons Bowtie inlay, and Ibanez Sure Grip II knobs, and haven't looked back. Yours is my favorite Heritage finish... wish I had chose it.- Charles Bevell  Bloomington IN

Photo or it never happened!

• 1 month later...

Hell to the yeah!

Archived