Heritage Owners Club

Please Help Me Identify a Heritage STAT.

fuerstj659

I believe I have (according to my deductions and The Heritages  process) a 1988 Heritage STAT made on Valentine's day if my math is correct. The guitar has a Kahler tremolo system. Shaller humbucker,

My problem is I cannot find anywhere else this same or similar guitar.  Not in picture's, In adds, no one mentions it, and I am ready to call the company and try to find out. 

Like most STAT'S it has a Kahler Tremolo system, The Heritage STAT common headstock found on many STAT'S. It has only one Shaller humbucker pickup in the bridge position.  And osdp6only one volume knob. That's it! 

There's the plate off the electronics cover snd it appears nothing HG as ever been touched. I have "The Heritage" hard shell case that came with it the case is in good condition on the outside. With The Heritage printed in big letters on the outside. There's just some felt hanging that needs to be reglued and it works as it should. 

My main questions are did they make a model like this (all sign's appear so) or was it a custom order if my VALENTINE'S day prediction is correct. It's a set neck like most or all Heritage models, it was made in Kalamazoo, the electronics plate says "Heritage Guitar Inc. Model: STAT / Color: Black. The huitarchas Grover tuners as well. I even checked the volume potentiometer and it's a 1973 model.

I would be so apprehensive to anyone able to help me identify the model. Thank everyone in advance for any information, advice, or other kind words and possible directions in finding more information about the guitar.

Sincerely,

Jeff

fuerstj659@gmail.com 

Or feel free to text me at 920-841-8893

I own two Stat DLX (carved tops) from the same year and used to own a sunburst Stat with the flat top, and this is the first I have seen with one pickup.  The headstock is typically the hockey stick shape, but there are about 3 shapes tried (hockey, strat, straight) that they used before landing on the hockey stick for the majority.  This head is the straight one.

Is there any indication that there was another control hole drilled and plugged?

Definitely a one-off.

No there are absolutely no signs of any repairs or modifications.  Plus as I mentioned it came with the same Kahler tremolo, Shaller (albeit one humbucker but a Schaller none the less). And Grover tuners as well.

I was able to post other pictures in the gallery and on the back of the electronics cover it has a sticker that says manufactured by Heritage Guitar's Inc. Then it says the model: STAT Color: Black. 

The only thing I can think of for the differences is when I did the math the day of manufacturer seems to be on Valentine's day, with it being the 2nd guitar made that day. Which makes me think someone may have had it made like that for a Valentine's gift??? I don't know.  

Thank you to everyone who has replied and been of help.....It is very much appreciated!!!!

Nice Stat.. and unique, haven't seen another like it.   Back in those days , Heritage was really open to doing customizing. 

I would have expected a mention on the inner tag,  but that's not unheard of. 

Thank you Fred. As I mentioned the only thing's mentioned in the inner tag was "Heritage Guitar Inc".

Model: STAT

Color: Black 

There's a link by one of my posts that takes you to the other picture's if you haven't looked at them. They're nothing special, just different views and the tag under the electronics cover.

Thank you too for your comments.  I've spend a year or more trying to find one the same or somewhat similar with no lick at all.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Jeff,

The guitars production date on the serial number doesn't mean anything, Valentines day doesn't mean anything.  Just another day of production.

As far as the guitar itself goes, we can see the one picture.  Its unique.

Just like Mars_hall and Fred stated above, its not uncommon to see unique versions of a model.

That is a STAT.  What the word STAT stands for, I have no idea.

Back in the 80's Heritage had experimented with many guitars as well as other stringed instruments, superstrats were all the rage back then.  You'll find a lot of interesting rare Gibson models that look very similar.

Your Stat is unique in a good way.  However, if you're looking for value of the guitar, its not a highly demanded model, so it is probably not worth as much as you hope.

You've got the basic idea, its a Heritage superstrat model.

I personally think it looks fantastic, but I'm also biased since black is my favorite guitar color.

41 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Jeff,

The guitars production date on the serial number doesn't mean anything, Valentines day doesn't mean anything.  Just another day of production.

As far as the guitar itself goes, we can see the one picture.  Its unique.

Just like Mars_hall and Fred stated above, its not uncommon to see unique versions of a model.

That is a STAT.  What the word STAT stands for, I have no idea.

Back in the 80's Heritage had experimented with many guitars as well as other stringed instruments, superstrats were all the rage back then.  You'll find a lot of interesting rare Gibson models that look very similar.

Your Stat is unique in a good way.  However, if you're looking for value of the guitar, its not a highly demanded model, so it is probably not worth as much as you hope.

You've got the basic idea, its a Heritage superstrat model.

I personally think it looks fantastic, but I'm also biased since black is my favorite guitar color.

Detroit, 

I am not worried whether it is more valuable or not. In fact as much as I enjoy a nice, beautiful, sometimes almost a piece of artwork for a guitar, my biggest  concern(s) are #1) Does it play well (for the way I play guitar) and if I am going to spend $700.00-$4,000.00 on a guitar is the guitar I'm buying in fact a real "insert brand".

I bought a JEM about 10 year's after they were released and even though I bought it from a local, and well known community music store (only one of the two GC didn't force out of business?). Even though they were well known locally for their honesty, dedication to the community, and generations of families going there. I still took the JEM to the other local music store and then GC reluctantly. Plus I had done month's of research on the JEM. When you read it is the most counterfeited guitar in the world you get a bit nervous. 

That's why I sm so thankful for people like yourself and all the other's who have given me their help and thoughts. After looking online for another STAT that had one humbucker and just the volume knob I began to worry. I know I keep thank everyone but you have all helped me a lot. One thing I continued see in many different pictures etc. was the identical hard shell guitar case with "The Heritage" printed on it which is identical to mine. 

Thank you again and all the others who have helped. Ome thing I found out about this forum is that there are many friendly people willing to help out and that is terrific. Plus this was the only (or first of many) that is active abd has currently posts etc. I visited many, read a lot of  articles and when I would go to respond to or ask a question I would see "posted 06/04/2006.

Again thank you and all the other loyal and knowledgeable Heritage owners.  What a difference it has made.

Archived