Heritage Owners Club

Rendal Wall Interview

Heritage1970

Hey everyone! Thought you would all enjoy reading my recent interview with the great Rendal Wall that was just published. If you play guitar or even just enjoy music in any way, you owe a huge debt to this great man. For quite some time I have wanted to document Rendal's experiences and his amazing life, so it was a definite honor for me to sit down with him for this great interview recently. Thanks for all of your knowledge Rendal and everything you have done for the guitar. You truly are a living inspiration my friend. - Todd Beebe, Chicago, IL 

OMG !!   That is amazing.  It's a lengthy interview and covers an amazing cornucopia of topics.   Gibson Modernes , PLEK machines, the variety of jobs Ren had at Gibson and Heritage, HRW pickups, etc.. etc..   

Those that have had the pleasure of spending any time with Ren have always said that we need a book of all of his stories... he never runs out of amazing tales.  It's so good to see some of his legacy put into print. ..

5 stars for this one... thanks. 

Rendal-at-work-in-the-Heritage-Guitar-Fawith-Chet-Atkins.jpg

Fantastic interview, Todd!

I recall Ren welcoming me to the precursor to "Rendal's Guitar Lounge" at the old 225 Parsons building.

He called it "Ren's Pickin' Parlor". 

Great Post. Thank You!

In the last few years I have learned so much more about Ren and his Family. 
He is just salt of the earth. 

Someone should help him write a book about his life. He is a Wealth if information and has led a amazing life. 
I am so happy he came through his recent health challenges. 

5 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Great Post. Thank You!

In the last few years I have learned so much more about Ren and his Family. 
He is just salt of the earth. 

Someone should help him write a book about his life. He is a Wealth if information and has led a amazing life. 
I am so happy he came through his recent health challenges. 

6 hours ago, Yooper said:

Fantastic interview, Todd!

I recall Ren welcoming me to the precursor to "Rendal's Guitar Lounge" at the old 225 Parsons building.

He called it "Ren's Pickin' Parlor". 

4 hours ago, Gianluca said:

was about to post the same, nice and lengthy

Thanks everyone!!

I grew up in Battle Creek and I remember when I was 4 years old sitting in my little kiddie rocking chair watching "Green Valley Jamboree" on our old black and white TV!  I've thought about that many times and wondered if that's what kindled my interest in the guitar.  Great interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived