Heritage Owners Club

Origin Effect Revival Drive and GFI CABZEUS

Well I've had these pedals for a bit now and I wanted to really try them out before I posted about them. That said, I am really really loving these two.

First off....

The REVIVAL DRIVE CUSTOM by Origin Effects... Okay this was an expensive pedal??? Yep it's the most I've ever paid for one @ $600! Is it worth it??? To me it is. This pedal in my opinion is the best overdrive pedal I've ever heard in my life! Is it complicated??? Yep, it really takes a bit to learn how to use it. Fortunately the guy who invented it does a series of instructional videos showing you what each control does and how the controls work together. What makes it such a great pedal? Frankly it doesn't just sound great, it's the first overdrive pedal that I've ever used that sounds and FEELS like an actual amp. Why I did I pay so much for a pedal??? Because I do a lot of  gigs where I drag an amplfier along with me so that on the few songs where I use overdrive on my slide guitar playing I want it to sound like my acoustic is more like a hollow electric playing through a cooking amplifier. And that's where this pedal shines!!! So what's so cool about it? When I plug this pedal straight into an acoustic amplifier I can make it sound like any Marshall amp that I want, along with any Vox, or a Tweed Deluxe! Really??? Yes, REALLY! Now instead of dragging my Princeton Reverb and a Mythical Overdrive to a gig I can take out a small pedal board set up just for my electric stuff. 

And on that board I will include this second pedal...

The CABZEUS by GFI systems...

So why do I need this pedal in the Revival Drive Custom is damn cool? Because it gives me the option of changing speaker types/tones for the Revival Drive Custom. Does it sound good? Yep. And this thing really sounds like a mic'd up speaker. It does simulations of many different speaker types, mic positions, and a few other specialty things, along with providing a very natural sounding Reverb. 

GGqt0Hv.jpg?1

QlX61ic.jpg?1

The other night I was trying out the new Gibson R4 that I just got so I went out to my car, got one of acoustic amps that I've been using at my smaller gigs (Genzler Acoustic Pro Array), and plugged the Gibson into these two boxes, and then into the amp. Frankly I lost hours just playing my guitar and having fun. And I just wasn't playing dirty slide guitar. I was playing all sorts of diferent types of music/tones, and not once, did it sound like I was playing solid state acoustic guitar amp. It sounded like the real deal!

It would take me hours to teach people how to run these things, so here's some links to give  you an idea. These guys show the basics of what they do, and watch Pete Thorn turn his solid state power amp into a Marshall Plexi...

I agree, Origin Effects is building interesting pedals, that OverDrive is like you say, unique

in the video the H-150 is used

as of now I am drooling after anything Germanium....that could another thread ?

rockabilly69, you have good taste, enjoy it

Archived