Heritage Owners Club

Gibson Responds to Heritage

tulk1

Guitars that violate Gibson's IP according to Gibson's legal team.....let's take one example

Any set neck single cut w/buckers at this point. Even though Gibson lost the suit to PRS they've claimed ceast/desist or lawsuit now to:

Kiesel CS6 California Single, PRS 594, Dean Thoroughbread, and now our beloved Heritage H-150. 

We don't know who else they sent letters to and thankfully Heritage has gone public with this BS, good on them! +1000, lol

See a pattern? The Suhr Aura, Collings City Limits, Ibanez Art, Schecter Solo and so many others above all look more like each other than they do like a Les Paul. This isn't like going after a specific shape that can be proven beyond a doubt this is straight up going after everyone in order to intimidate. It's beyond disgusting, IMO. Not just Heritage fans, everyone who likes variety in the market place should be against Gibson's IP practices as all these companies have changed the bodies/headstock to play by the rules. 

If I had 2K right now there'd be a Heritage on a FedEx truck headed to Nashville. 

Biggest crock of sheet I have ever read! Are they delirious or something? Heritage has done nothing different since 1991. And to say that Heritage made "direct copies" of Gibbons guitars when they went into business is totally FALSE. The headstock was radically different right from the get go. Perhaps Gibbons does not consider the headstock to be a part of the guitar design. 

18 minutes ago, tulk1 said:

Seems to be a lot of misinformation in that Gibby response. There is a Heritage response to their response out there now, too.

https://guitar.com/news/were-not-going-to-be-bullied-heritage-guitars-releases-statement-on-Gibbons-lawsuit/

Kenny,

AFAIK there has only been one press release from Heritage on this matter. I believe Gibbons's response was released in response to it.

chico

3 hours ago, chico said:

Kenny,

AFAIK there has only been one press release from Heritage on this matter. I believe Gibbons's response was released in response to it.

chico

These articles were in a news feed. And yeah, may not be an official response. Mostly just wanted to share. I think it's a positive that the new Heritage is taking this approach to Gs harrassment, tho'. 

Archived