Heritage Owners Club

will production stop at Parsons for the time being?

chico

I see where Detroit is curtailing all production of vehicles (Josh?).

I wonder if there will be a July 4th-type halt at 225 Parsons as well.. perhaps with wages paid during the shutdown?

Its getting real out there stay in and stay safe. we will get to the HOC event in summer if all goes well!

Stay safe, wash those hands!

I cannot really comment on what's going on with General Motors.  Have to watch the news for that.

Its an interesting thought about the Factory.  That would be interesting to find out.  There isn't a lot of people there, so who knows.

If you're 60 or over, stay the heck away for the time being. If you're under 60, social distancing appears to be paramount, 6 foot minimum no joke. You can probably get away with working in a bigger facility like Heritage seeing as there's not people piled on top of each other and everyone tends to have their own station etc. And even then, if you get it and are relatively young in decent shape you might not even know. 

There's a lot of bad info out there of people, even experts, saying this thing spreads like a cold. It doesn't it spreads like a bad flu and all the science/data so far shows it's been spreading in many ways by breath alone well before symptoms set in. So, coughing into your sleeve and a sanitary wipe won't mitigate it to a degree we'd hope for. 

I'm hopeful most folks will take the right precautions. 

I think one of the hard parts for factories is the cleaning of hard surfaces. In a big factory that is a huge undertaking. The pressure from the UAW is there and it should be because sometimes you have to be your own advocate and management doesn’t always do the safest thing.  The other side is economic for the auto industry. Who is going to buy a car right now? If no one is buying for a while then shut the plant down for a while. I think that is a big factor in shutting things down. For the Heritage factory it is probably easier to clean and keep people safely distanced. As far as economics, I wonder who is going to buy a guitar right now too?

On 3/19/2020 at 8:30 AM, Gitterman said:

I work for Chevy on the dealer level. All plants are now idle, for GM, Ford and Fiat. We also have Honda and Kia. Honda USA is shutting down, not sure about Kia, yet.

So we got our answer as Josh was tight lipped!

3 hours ago, y2kc said:

In the blink of an eye our world has changed. Stay safe and vote in November.

vbnmw,

y2kc

I'll only vote if I can do it by mail

Yes I live in Michigan and our Governor just announced the stay at home order.

I think it's a good move but is going to cause a lot of hardships. It will save lives and and lessen the load on our Health Systems.

Stay Safe out there.

halfway thru, day 7 of 15 days stay at home.

lets see what the week brings.

it might get worse but it will get better here in the land of the free and home of the brave

meanwhile,

MAKE MUSIC!

Archived