Heritage Owners Club

NGD! 2020 Heritage H-150 Artesian Aged Dirty Lemon Burst!

reviresco

2 hours ago, skydog52 said:

I have to believe there is some Pete Farmer the mad scientist going on. Maybe liquid nitrogen?

Not Pete and no nitrogen. I had a chance to check out a couple of these at The Heritage booth at Summer NAMM last year. At the time I thought the ones I got to try were tastefully done. I made a post about then that I can't find now.

Anyway, Pete told me management asked him to pick 25 guitars to be reliced. They packed them up and sent to another team to be processed. He explained the process to me and it seemed quite painstakingly tedious to be a no charge option, at least it was for the first 25 guitars. I don't know if it's still a no charge option. I'm not a fan of relicing, but obviously some folks are and it would be foolish not to exploit that market segment.

Oh, OP that is a lovely guitar. Congratulations!

I will say that I really like the Dirty Lemon color on that one.   I hope we can get up close and personal with one at PSP!

I don't remember the name for sure... Edwin?    There was a guy that was supposedly hired that had worked for Gibbons's custom shop, and was going to do relicing work for Heritage.   I would guess that's who is getting the guitars for treatment.

As for climate control in the spray booth,   the biggest issue with nitro lacquers seem to be blushing of the color, or fogging of the lacquer especially when humidity is high.   Low humidity is good for spraying.   I learned this from working with guys who make nitrocellulose packaging inks.   Nitro can be pretty tough,  I once formulated a lacquer to use on the bottoms of slotcars to keep the brass nice and shiny.   Worked like a charm, and didn't wear off after thousands of laps and dozens of crashes.  

The new spray booth is super nice for keeping the fumes out of the main room, and keeping the dust off of the finish.   Having control over conditions is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, holyroller said:

Hello . I’m sure I’ll get crucified but , to me the Antiquing process looks painted on . I’m sure it’s just me but every time I see one , I looks weird . Maybe it’s just me? 

I think it’s a matter of knocking off the glossy finish.  They look and feel much better in person.

Archived