Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Sighting- Haley Reinhart

tulk1

My drummer sent me this, thinking she might be related to my Tracy. Same last name, but alas, spelled differently. A quite good and interesting take on Time of the Seasons. And lo and behold, what's the guitar playing sporting there? Hmmm, maybe a Prospect? A "funny" thing about this, my drummer thinks there are only 2 real guitar brands. I mentioned this one is probably a Heritage. ..... crickets!!! ?

3 hours ago, FredZepp said:

I can't say that I remember hearing a live version of this tune before...   it's very nice.  Or should I say.. it's groovy, man.    

Looks like a 535 to me.   

I think I knew that. I couldn't quite see the "mickey mouse ears" of the Prospect. But it didn't seem large enough to be a 535, so I was trying to make it into a Prospect. Either way, I liked watching the vid. ?

Very nice performance by a talented group. 

It took me Waaaay down memory lane when I did USO tours in Viet Nam.  We didn't do that particular tune, but the vibe was very, um...'60's.  

We had a similar set up (pretty singer in a mini skirt, bass, drums and a skinny kid on guitar), but no keyboards.

image.png.1bc6219035b28630163e89c4e88d7234.png

7 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Definitely easy on the eyes.

I didn’t think the 535 was anymore easy on the eyes than any other 535.

14 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

It took me Waaaay down memory lane when I did USO tours in Viet Nam.  We didn't do that particular tune, but the vibe was very, um...'60's.  

We had a similar set up (pretty singer in a mini skirt, bass, drums and a skinny kid on guitar), but no keyboards.

Nice hat!

When Tracy and I were really in gear, playing ALL the time, we had looked into doing a USO tour. Just couldn't work it out.  

2 hours ago, tulk1 said:

Nice hat!

When Tracy and I were really in gear, playing ALL the time, we had looked into doing a USO tour. Just couldn't work it out.  

Haha.  Yea, I wore that big hat instead of the Army boonie hat (as worn by our bass player, Danny) and jungle fatigues we were issued when we arrived in Saigon. 

There's a ton of behind the scenes politics involved with those tours, but the always appreciative GI's never saw that crap.

On 3/28/2020 at 6:14 PM, Gitfiddler said:

We had two good looking girls in the USO band that I toured with and the guys LOVED them:) 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, Gitfiddler said:

we only had church choir groups visit when I was in Korea as Viet Nam was winding down

• 1 month later...

The first comment to this video I read on YouTube was, “Who came for the legs, and stayed for the legs?”  HA!

I don’t recognize the keyboardist, but I saw the other three a few years ago here in Florida when they were on tour as part of the band Post Modern Jukebox.  Fantastic show by an extremely talented group of musicians.  They had three female vocalists, and the other two were just as good as Haley.  But Haley has that sultry voice that just makes me melt.

If any of you aren’t familiar with Post Modern Jukebox, check them out of YouTube, they are fabulous.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:14 PM, Gitfiddler said:

I still say some old man in Vietnam swears he saw Hendrix at a GI USO show.  His children tire of hearing the story.

Interesting take on the song, I enjoyed it for what it is and appreciate the sharing. I hadn't noticed the skirt issue until Brent pointed it out. ?  What I don't care for...<self-edit to remove grumpy rant>

15 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

Interesting take on the song, I enjoyed it for what it is and appreciate the sharing. I hadn't noticed the skirt issue until Brent pointed it out. ?  What I don't care for...<self-edit to remove grumpy rant>

Came for the grumpy rant. Left disappointed.

I liked her frock.

Archived