Heritage Owners Club

NAD - Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

I sold the Orange amp that I had a few months ago. But I stumbled across this Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb amp at a pawn shop. It looks to be in brand new condition. It was missing the footswitch and cover, but that's not a big deal. I paid about half of what they go for new.
[IMG]

I remember the hype when those came out.  A slightly hotter version of the original and reviewers said they sounded great.

Isn't there a pull knob on the volume to make it a "hotter" and then push in for a "normal" (not as in the "normal channel" input, but as in "regular" unaltered '68 Deluxe Reverb channel)?

So is it a modern day take on a 68 deluxe or did they make a custom deluxe back in 68? Beautiful amp!

51 minutes ago, rwinking said:

So is it a modern day take on a 68 deluxe or did they make a custom deluxe back in 68? Beautiful amp!

It's a modern day take on one. One channel has a Baseman tone stack. The other has a copy of the vintage Deluxe Reverb tone stack.

I was not aware of them. Congrats! That is a cool amp!

17 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

It's a modern day take on one. One channel has a Baseman tone stack. The other has a copy of the vintage Deluxe Reverb tone stack.

That's it. I knew there was two different voicings of some kind.  Enjoy!

Not long ago, I was testing out a Gretsch guitar in a Guitar Center, and they had some of these new Fender amps there, '68 Silverface Princeton, '68 Deluxe Reverb, and a '68 Vibrolux, and they all sounded pretty good. They all got a little more overdrive than their vintage counterparts which was something I liked. I liked the Gretsch most with the Vibrolux, but the Deluxe sounded great with an LP! Congrats on a nice amp!

Here's acool video of it being compared to the '65 reissue. They both sound good...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, PunkKitty said:

Follow up... This is a great amp. I'm loving the clean sounds I'm getting out of it.

Its Fender, would you expect different? Congrats on another great snatch!!!!

On 10/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, PunkKitty said:

As usual, I let this one go. I found it at a ridiculously low price and took a profit when I could. I have other amps

Nothing wrong with that.  Several of us on here, myself included, have purchased gear and sold it for a profit.

Archived