Heritage Owners Club

H-160v wiring - questions

Perilmeglio2

Hi everybody,

I have a doubt on my heritage wiring.

Where I found this guitar there was a SD Jeff Beck humbucker at bridge position.

In these days I'm at home due to covid-19 lockdown and today I looked at the wiring and I saw there isn't a capacitor inside the guitar... very strange! 

Can anybody help me to find the original wiring of this guitar?

The guitar sounds good and the tone control works properly but I'm thinking about fitting a Sprague Orange Drop capacitor onboard...

Thank you for your help

IMG-20200421-WA0036.jpeg

Hi everybody, finally I decided to put a capacitor onboard.

My choice is an Orange Drop 0,022.

Honestly I have to say that I don't feel big changes neither in the sound itself nor in the way the tone's pot works... I'll try it better (usually to feel better the impact on the sound I fit the capacitor after an "on-off" switch to change quickly the setting of the wiring but this time I didn't).

Anyway I love how the wiring cavity now seems to be fullfilled!

IMG-20200421-WA0044.jpeg

I was wondering if maybe it just was a pickup blend control or something.   It couldn't have been a tone control without the capacitor.  That's not the way a RC tone control works.   There are quite a few guitars that only have a volume control and no tone control.   I guess Heritage was at the forefront of that design step.

I'm a little confused about the difference between an H-160, H-160V and the Stat, which is a 162? 

Finally the solution! Thank you so much!

I knew the specs of the guitar but I was shure that the phase control was just the last Chrome 2 positions switch.

I've never noticed that the spec's sheet was talking about a "variable" phase control: so the chrome switch is just the coil tap.

Today I will remove the capacitor!

Really thanks!!!!

The variable phase control is subtle to my ears and not highly useful to my playing.  Am in the middle of an overhaul and considering changing the variable phase to a tone, changing the mini toggle to a (non-variable) phase and adding a push-pull pot to give a 3-way series-split-parallel option.  Has to be a useful tone or two in THAT combination.  :) 

Archived