Heritage Owners Club

Liberty head : tubes

I have a nos set of GE Black Plate 6L6 power tubes in my Liberty, but any high quality set should work fine.  The original 6L6's that came with my amp were Sovtek and I've read that other owners had Groove Tube 6L6's.  So get the best quality tubes you can afford and be sure to follow the instructions on how to bias them.

The owners manual doesn't address tube sets, but here it is in case you don't already have a copy.  http://rjsanders.com/amps/Heritage%20Amps%20Owners%20Manual%20binder.pdf

On 5/8/2020 at 12:03 PM, Waterdreams said:

What are the best tubes choices for power amp (Liberty)? 

382C006F-6871-4CD6-84CB-07538E7C3A75.jpeg

Congratulations on owning one of my favorite amps of all time.  The Liberty is a fantastic amplifier.  

Regarding tubes: You won't go wrong following Gitfiddler's advice above.  He knows his stuff.   While I don't own a Liberty, I've also had great success with Mesa Boogie tubes in several amps.  Very reliable and high quality.  I started using them when I got a Mesa Boogie amp, and then put them into other amps with very good results.  As I understand it- MB doesn't manufacture them, but rather they source them and then rebrand them under the MB name.  Seems like they do a good job of selecting and screening.  I've never had a problem.

Archived