Heritage Owners Club

1999 Heritage 535

masterpui

Hello I have just joined the forum and have always wanted to own a Heritage guitar and fortunately managed to buy one last week a 1999 535 and it has a unusual tailpiece for this model guitar I think does anyone have more information on this please? Thanks Dave

3A6ECB55-7F98-43A3-8CE8-2C5A91C3501A.jpeg

That's a beauty! Welcome, Dave.

I have a 535 from 2002 in Antique Natural. I think the knobs, bridge/tailpiece and pickups are more typical on mine of what their "standard" models were - mine does have the VIP pickup switching option (2 additional toggle switches).

gallery_1137_133_204660.jpg

Ah, a 1999 H535 with a one-of-a-kind "H" custom tailpiece.  Very cool git. 

Back in those days Heritage would do almost anything a customer wanted as an add-on custom option...and for not a lot of dough.

Here is the tail piece of a buddy's 550.  Who knows if you 535 was a custom order, an employee build or the H tail piece was added later.  I suspect it was added later.  It doesn't really matter I am sure your 535 will howl.  I love my 535. 

The shadow on the carpet is a sign from God.

img_6512_std.jpg

img_6517_std.jpg

Here are more photos of it no doubt idea about the history of this but I have seen them on a 575 that’s why I thought it was odd. Anyway I have owned a few ES335s but this feels more old school Gibbons And plays beautifully 

CB9B259B-E15D-45D1-9F41-2AFE8A035DC4.jpeg

Archived