Heritage Owners Club

Quick Trip to the Zoo

DetroitBlues

1 hour ago, StephenK said:

Safe from what?

Stephen, since I was the only poster making reference to being safe, I'll assume your comment or question is directed at me.  So out of respect I will reply.

However, if you are attempting to bait me into a thread hijack about my views on personal freedoms, government interventions, etc. during a global pandemic, I refuse.

What a great way to get some miles for your son. Can't believe he's getting ready to drive.

To DB. I apologize. It is always great to create memories with family and friends glad you had a good time. To GF. We are both long time members of the HOC. It has always been an understanding that this was a safe place, that no politics or religion is discussed. People have strong opinions about both. However, I believe you crossed that line either overtly or covertly, intentionally or unintentionally. Just pointing it out. Sorry if you took offense. I too will not make any further comments in this post. Wishing you a great day.

"Be safe" is now political? Well, holy shit. 

How about, "Take care"? Or "Be well"?

No more of that partisan propaganda. Better safe than sorry. Dang. That was probably over the line too.

I'm amazed at what can upset some people. 

Good night and good luck. Oops. I think I did it again.

Hi everyone!  My son is already 16, couldn’t take is final test because the Secretary of State is closed and keeps cancelling all the rescheduled appointments. 

By being safe, I understood it as a reference to such a long trip and freeways with construction that are challenging, especially for a new driver.  So let’s take that statement as being safe on the roads. I don’t look at any of this being political.

As for the Factory, tours have not been public for a couple of years now and will continue to be an exclusive event for us. (I’m sure high profile individuals, dealers, and other exceptions do occur).  Publicly though, there are no tours any more.

Good news is the factory does restart production on Monday.  Pete plans on starting the HOC 137’s shortly after.  PSP is still moving forward and the guitars ordered prior to should be ready by PSP.

As for the drive, my son passed out shortly after I resumed driving.  He couldn’t understand how he could be so tired from just driving. ?.

It was a good day to talk about guitars, history of Heritage, step on the threshold of where so many legendary guitars and musicians once stood. He really enjoyed himself and I’m hoping it will be a drive he won’t ever forget.

"Snarkasm" aside, good on ya DB, for the father and son road trip to Parsons Street. 

And be safe at home, as well as on the road. After all, most accidents happen at home. 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:08 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Took my son on a little road trip for some highway driving experience for him.

Figured a little trip to 225 Parsons Street would be fun.

6 hour and 260 mile round trip. Worth every mile!

Excellent day!

1FA7695D-C1FA-42FF-90BB-14F46F64F062.jpeg

D4303E4E-3BAA-45F4-8EC9-29F0E87D52B0.jpeg

The old palace looks good with new paint!

It's cool you're introducing the next generation to Heritage!  Great work DB.

5 hours ago, Yooper said:

"Be safe" is now political? Well, holy shit. 

How about, "Take care"? Or "Be well"?

No more of that partisan propaganda. Better safe than sorry. Dang. That was probably over the line too.

I'm amazed at what can upset some people. 

Good night and good luck. Oops. I think I did it again.

@Yooper:  Friend, you are on fire!  Touche'

Nice Josh. Treasure these father and son experiences.

I think this is the last time I had all three at the 'zoo, spring of 2013?. I was picking up my H-357 from Marv. Tempus Fugit, the big one (national merit scholar in Latin) just finished his sophomore year at USA (full academic scholarship). He's studying criminal justice with a minor in Russian.  The  middle one will be a freshman in high school in the fall, he's the jock and plays sax, and the little one, well, he's still the squirt and quite the ladies man (and I think smarter than all of us). (apologies in advance for being braggadocious)

nYP2riy.jpg

Nice! 

As for a young-un's road trip energy, I dunno about that, he'll learn. I can recall one night hanging out late night around 2am back in Chicago my friend says 

"Hey, my boy Matt's sister has some cute friends and said we should come out some time."

"Yeah? Where's he at?"

"San Diego" 

"I'm down"

about a day + and 30 red bulls later we were having a good good time. Also probably part of the reason my heart does that little oohmph thing these days!

Archived