Heritage Owners Club

NGD: 1995 H-150

titojams

So today I picked up from fedex my new to me Heritage H-150 in Trans-Blue! Forum member “myoldfriend” was kind enough to offer up some very fine 150s for sale, and this is the one that struck me most. Gorgeous flame, I love the way it changes color depending on natural daylight or nighttime. The last 3 photos are from mof.  
https://imgur.com/gallery/nCqAKoC

Very nice.  I think you'll enjoy that one for a long time.

One comment,  I wouldn't use the stand that you have in the pictures for very long.   The tubing on those is PVC which is not good for a nitrocellulose finish.   At the very least,  I would put some cotton over the tubing, until you can get a stand with a nitro safe foam.  

The Hercules stands are good, and the On Stage stands with the black Velveteen foam are safe.

22 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

Very nice.  I think you'll enjoy that one for a long time.

One comment,  I wouldn't use the stand that you have in the pictures for very long.   The tubing on those is PVC which is not good for a nitrocellulose finish.   At the very least,  I would put some cotton over the tubing, until you can get a stand with a nitro safe foam.  

The Hercules stands are good, and the On Stage stands with the black Velveteen foam are safe.

I totally agree with you. That stand is old as shit, probably my first stand like 20 years ago lol, definitely plan on getting a few good ones with the foam padding. Thank you for caring! Gotta protect the H. 

I had the chance to restring and adjust the action and man, I couldn’t be happier with this thing! Stays in tune perfectly through several songs, I’m really impressed. The Gibbons traditional I had roughly 10 years ago was like a toy compared to this, and I’m not a Gibbons hater by any means. But that guitar literally never stayed in tune to save its life. Needless to say I didn’t hang on to that one for very long. This one on the other hand, is a keeper. 

50 minutes ago, Polo said:

Those tuners really bring the room together!

Congrats on what appears to be an absolutely killer guitar.

They really do lol (no rug to speak of), not only do they look great but I’m a firm believer now in kluson deluxe, really stable. 

31 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Almost thought that was the one I used own for a brief time.  Mine had white plastics and standard chrome Grover tuners.

I thought I saw another blue 150 as someone’s avatar...

3 hours ago, titojams said:

They really do lol (no rug to speak of), not only do they look great but I’m a firm believer now in kluson deluxe, really stable. 

Ha, Glad you got the Lebowski and yes the Kluson Deluxe tuners are great!  

BTW- I love those vintage doors in your pics....now you just need to find yourself a nice plaintop something or other to match that flame. ?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.37.58 PM.jpg

3 hours ago, titojams said:

I thought I saw another blue 150 as someone’s avatar...

They are somewhat rare, but that color is coming back in the past year or two.  More bursts than single transparent colors.

Most were commonly all blue, back and sides.  I played a very rare one with a monster top and flamed mahogany neck (yes, flamed mahogany), but the back and neck were natural.

Beautiful guitars, Heritage has made some real gems over the years if you're lucky enough to find one.

58 minutes ago, Polo said:

Ha, Glad you got the Lebowski and yes the Kluson Deluxe tuners are great!  

BTW- I love those vintage doors in your pics....now you just need to find yourself a nice plaintop something or other to match that flame. ?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.37.58 PM.jpg

Lol, never gets old, gotta love the Coen brothers. 

Heck ya that’d be a cool match. The door on the left especially caught my eye not too long ago and I snapped a pretty cool photo, will have to find it. 

43 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

They are somewhat rare, but that color is coming back in the past year or two.  More bursts than single transparent colors.

Most were commonly all blue, back and sides.  I played a very rare one with a monster top and flamed mahogany neck (yes, flamed mahogany), but the back and neck were natural.

Beautiful guitars, Heritage has made some real gems over the years if you're lucky enough to find one.

That sounds killer! Ya, mine is all blue expect for the cream binding and front of headstock. Looks pretty neat on the back actually over the mahogany, but it’s subtle. 

39 minutes ago, titojams said:

Lol, never gets old, gotta love the Coen brothers. 

Heck ya that’d be a cool match. The door on the left especially caught my eye not too long ago and I snapped a pretty cool photo, will have to find it. 

Looking forward to seeing it!

Hot damn.....That door is even cooler than I thought!!!

Sheesh, between this beautifully filtered pic of a door, a love for the Coen Bros and the Dead, not to mention an emerging collection of vintage Heritage Guitars, I'm suddenly feeling an urge to  ask you out on a date.....uh I mean.... maybe ask you to start a band or something.

But seriously, my wife and kids would NEVER allow me to enjoy myself like that. Almost probably Never.

?

44 minutes ago, Polo said:

Hot damn.....That door is even cooler than I thought!!!

Sheesh, between this beautifully filtered pic of a door, a love for the Coen Bros and the Dead, not to mention an emerging collection of vintage Heritage Guitars, I'm suddenly feeling an urge to  ask you out on a date.....uh I mean.... maybe ask you to start a band or something.

But seriously, my wife and kids would NEVER allow me to enjoy myself like that. Almost probably Never.

?

Lol, just gotta convert the wife and kids to deadheads. May the four winds blow you safely home. 

And that’s no filter, just some sunlight coming through. 

If yer into the Dead you gotta check out Chris Robinson Brotherhood. I’ve known about them for years, but never bothered cause I always heard Chris was an arrogant prick. Just now getting into them and I’m really impressed, Neal Casal was a master guitar player, gone way too soon. It’s GD meets black Crowes with a healthy dose of Allmans. Just a perfect sound and ridiculously tight band. 

1 hour ago, titojams said:

Lol, just gotta convert the wife and kids to deadheads. May the four winds blow you safely home. 

And that’s no filter, just some sunlight coming through. 

If yer into the Dead you gotta check out Chris Robinson Brotherhood. I’ve known about them for years, but never bothered cause I always heard Chris was an arrogant prick. Just now getting into them and I’m really impressed, Neal Casal was a master guitar player, gone way too soon. It’s GD meets black Crowes with a healthy dose of Allmans. Just a perfect sound and ridiculously tight band. 

Already there man,  one of my greatest achievements as a parent is the fact that my kids (3.5 & 7.5) will occasionally and fruitlessly ask "Alexa" to play some "Uncle Jerry". 

Oh yeah..Love me some CRB, loved me some Neal Casal as well, damn shame things went the way they did!

? 

Archived