Heritage Owners Club

Value of my guitar?

VickyFl

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, VickyFl said:

Houndhome - I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say you probably said that same thing about "trying not to add more since storage space...." at around guitar 35 or 40. ? 

I did tell my partner about 10 years ago that I would thin things out a little and sold around 13,but then added about the same amount

(but better quality,which included 4 of the 5 Heritages).Fortunately Laine is also a collector so understands the illogical driving force !

10 hours ago, FredZepp said:

I think this is the serial number on the one Ren was holding at the plant....

ACtC-3eGUqc9uoH1SnHIfGYISbOy0cWFzIaELjw3

Prototype 

2 hours ago, houndhome said:

I did tell my partner about 10 years ago that I would thin things out a little and sold around 13,but then added about the same amount

(but better quality,which included 4 of the 5 Heritages).Fortunately Laine is also a collector so understands the illogical driving force !

Yeah, I did that too. I told her that from here on out I would only get a new guitar after selling two. That lasted about a month.....I sold two, bought one and then bought two more.

Gitfiddler - So helpful of you to mention that! Lol

As it would happen... I looked at them after I got my "starter stuff" in my cart. Just looking to be looking. I can honestly say I didn't see one I'd want more than the one I have. ?

I talked to Marv today and that is the prototype he made at home. He said he hand carved that one.  What a piece of history! 

Solid mahogany slab. He said they where having a hard time finding curly maple they liked at that time. 

ACtC-3eGUqc9uoH1SnHIfGYISbOy0cWFzIaELjw3

Gitfiddler - So helpful of you to mention that! Lol

As it would happen... I looked at them after I got my "starter stuff" in my cart. Just looking to be looking. I can honestly say I didn't see one I'd want more than the one I have. ?

4 hours ago, bolero said:

wow, what a great thread!

Vicky congrats on owning a very cool and unique guitar! it looks fantastic

and those inlays are beautiful

thx for posting

Yep..!  Superb debut, VickyFl!

Bolero - thank you! It's been beyond exciting for me learning about it. I did find out a little more that I haven't posted yet, but I'm waiting to get it back from being set up, (hopefully on Wednesday) to post what I learn from them as well. A person here suggested that during set up I have them look for a brand name on the back of the bridge, tailpiece, and I told them to look at back of pickups as well. I'm anxiously waiting to see what they say about that as well! 

Yoslate - Thanks. Though I'm sure it's easier to make a debut when you are (unknowingly) bringing a mystery star to the show. Lol

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just saw your post today Vicki and wanted to share with you that I also have a Heritage with the serial number starting with the letter "A"...mine is a 1984 model H-140 with signatures of all the owners on the tag on the back....it is dated 3/15/84.....

I spoke with Heritage with respect to the "A", since the website drop down list starts with "B"....

they told me that prior to incorporating on April 1, 1985 they used the letter "A" on the serial number and they signed all the guitars, however, after they incorporated, they began using the letter "B" to indicate the year made and only signed the guitar if it was custom made....if you subtract the first 3 numbers from 365 (days in the year) it will tell you the day of the year it was made.....the last two numbers indicate which guitar was made that day....

i.e.....mine says:  A-03403 which subtracting 34 from 365 show it being finished on the 331st day of 1984 (keep in mind that 1984 was a leap year) so (Monday, November 26, 1984), so based on the last two digits, it was the 3rd guitar made that day....

they then said: 'congratulation, you have one of the first guitars made by Heritage.....

if someone already posted this, well, I apologize.....I looked and didn't see it posted.....

this comes from Ren () ......

Hope this helps....

Rick M.

Archived