Heritage Owners Club

Old School H-137.

High Flying Bird

I have owned a few H-137s.  Here are the two that I bonded with.  In the photos below is a 2010 Gold top custom I got second hand and the 1993 first edition 137 which was my daughter's Christmas present a while back.  Also pictured with the gold top is a buddy's H-150 Special.  It is thinner than a normal H-150.  Even though it has a maple cap it weighs the same as the 137C.  

I had the 137 with the Bigsby first and after that a TV yellow.  These guitar have a thicker neck on them than the two I still own.  I like that I can change the pickups of those designs for other humbuckers.  My daughter's guitar had Phat Cats in it on Christmas day that year.  The gold top came to me with Lollar Imperials.  If you ever come across one of the old style 137s it may be just right for you... and it may not be.  Give it a chance. 

dscf5701_std.jpg

img_4280_std.jpg

img_4101_std.jpg

The 137's are great, no thrills guitars.  The single cut, single dog-ear one looks awesome!  Never saw that one before with the hillbilly crowbar.

Hopefully if/when Heritage brings back the 137 there will be a choice of having a single dog-ear and unbound neck and a double soap-bar P90 with a bound neck.  

Can't forget the new custom models that have the flame maple veneers added.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:10 AM, High Flying Bird said:

I had the 137 with the Bigsby first and after that a TV yellow.  These guitar have a thicker neck on them than the two I still own. 

img_4280_std.jpg

This...is perfect!  Rock & Roll Skilsaw!  And great photography to boot!  Cryoman, where art thou?!

I had a TV yellow H137 for a while.  Cryoman generously sent me one of the pickguards he made/makes for that model.  (And no, he wouldn't take any money for it.)  But I couldn't bring myself to drill holes in that lovely top, so it never got installed.  I gave the pickguard to Schundog, who had a similar TV yellow H137.  Alas, he couldn't bear to drill holes in his either.  Don't know if he still has that pickguard.

If anyone has a naked two-pickup H137 and is looking for a custom pickguard, I suggest messaging Mr. Schundog.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:10 AM, High Flying Bird said:

I have owned a few H-137s.  Here are the two that I bonded with.  In the photos below is a 2010 Gold top custom I got second hand and the 1993 first edition 137 which was my daughter's Christmas present a while back.  Also pictured with the gold top is a buddy's H-150 Special.  It is thinner than a normal H-150.  Even though it has a maple cap it weighs the same as the 137C.  

I had the 137 with the Bigsby first and after that a TV yellow.  These guitar have a thicker neck on them than the two I still own.  I like that I can change the pickups of those designs for other humbuckers.  My daughter's guitar had Phat Cats in it on Christmas day that year.  The gold top came to me with Lollar Imperials.  If you ever come across one of the old style 137s it may be just right for you... and it may not be.  Give it a chance. 

dscf5701_std.jpg

img_4280_std.jpg

img_4101_std.jpg

If your buddy is whom I think he is, I was the previous owner of that gold top 150 special!

12 hours ago, ElNumero said:

If your buddy is whom I think he is, I was the previous owner of that gold top 150 special!

He ain't.  The Gold Top is a 137 not a 150. 

Archived