Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
Gitfiddler

Your All Time FAVORITE Heritage Guitar is...??

Ooh ooh, one more thing. I wanted a finger tailpiece on this guitar but there weren't any short nickel plated tailpieces available in the U.S.A. or as I found out, anywhere in the world. So I found the manufacturer in Germany (ABM) and talked to Peter, who was great to work with, and they made this tailpiece especially for this guitar. It took 2 months.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 2:37 PM, pressure said:

Did somebody say scrap? Sometimes you get scrap from a custom Heritage build.

a88j8OJ.jpg

I was able to see your guitar at the shop before it was finished. I was always amazed at the beauty on the neck heel geometry. Genius!

Posted (edited)

Only Heritage I have owned is my H150. My favourite, or the nicest Heritage I played was a H555. It wasnt the visual of it, a bit too blingy for my taste back then, it was simply a really wonderful guitar to play and a stand out in that decade of playing very many nice and high quality guitars.

My own H150 is strange bird. Ive never really played a LP type guitar like it. Even other H150s Ive played arent like it. Its way to heavy but the feel and response is just so different.

Ive never been sold on the colour of it and the weight of it is annoying. A few construction/assembly flaws draw my eye to themselves and I wonder what they were doing in the factory that day for them to happen and then again pass at QC check.

Ive been on and off about it since 2007. I even listed it for sale but after hearing one guy play it I took the listing down. I doubt I could ever find another guitar like it because nothing has passed through my fingers like it even when I was in an environment where I had guitars moving through all day every day year after year.

It was a big regret not buying the H555.

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is a very enjoyable thread - although I have not seen the Centurion in it yet - did I miss it?

Edited by SouthernCanuck

6 hours ago, SouthernCanuck said:

This is a very enjoyable thread - although I have not seen the Centurion in it yet - did I miss it?

Ha... nice of you to mention it..    I should do new pics someday. 

Posted (edited)

This one I named El Diablo. Millennium Pro DC. It has SD Joe Bonamassa signature set in it. 

ElDiablo.jpg

Edited by skydog52
  • Like 2

Skydog that guitar is devilish! Love it.

18 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

This one I named El Diablo. Millennium Pro DC. It has SD Joe Bonamassa signature set in it. 

ElDiablo.jpg

There have been very few, if any H-170 that I have liked.  This is probably one of them I actually like.  The Skydog mushroom inlays, multiply bound body, and the cherry red that still shows the flame maple is just amazing!

6 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

There have been very few, if any H-170 that I have liked.  This is probably one of them I actually like.  The Skydog mushroom inlays, multiply bound body, and the cherry red that still shows the flame maple is just amazing!

Thanks Josh. This is a Millennium Model with the Double Cut. Not many of this model made. Trans Cherry is a tricky one to photograph. Most of the time it doesn't show the true look of the guitar.

Just now, skydog52 said:

Thanks Josh. This is a Millennium Model with the Double Cut. Not many of this model made. Trans Cherry is a tricky one to photograph. Most of the time it doesn't show the true look of the guitar.

Oh wow.  Thought it was a 170.  That truly is unique.

Skydog that gtr is outstanding!!

I dig the mushroom inlays too

• Like 1

Hey... that is SWEET !  You're right about photographing Trans Red finish.   I made the flame pop a little more... 

ACtC-3d22wj0ffqrV0XHA6t0TSmaIO2WlYDR5kKY

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, pressure said:

Did somebody say scrap? Sometimes you get scrap from a custom Heritage build.

a88j8OJ.jpg

Pressure, you should mount that cutout in a picture frame, and hang it on the wall!!

would look great. I wonder if a coat of finish would help keep it stable?