Heritage Owners Club

Why Johnny Smith and Kenny Burrell moved from Gibbons to Heritage?

busujiujitsu

Our admins automatically change G.I.B.S.O.N to Gibbons.  Its just an inside joke.

As to your original question, Heritage was founded by long standing G-Brand employees that had good relationships with many artists.  

It was only natural some of those artists were more loyal to the people than the brand.

One of the biggest problems Heritage cannot afford to do is give free guitars to artists.  

G-brand, PRS, Fender, and many other larger volume companies send dozens of guitars to artists to sway them to become endorsed.

The low volume of Heritage and small margins doesn't allow them to do the same, the only artists who stay are those who purchase from Heritage at a discount.

51 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Our admins automatically change G.I.B.S.O.N to Gibbons.  Its just an inside joke.

As to your original question, Heritage was founded by long standing G-Brand employees that had good relationships with many artists.  

It was only natural some of those artists were more loyal to the people than the brand.

One of the biggest problems Heritage cannot afford to do is give free guitars to artists.  

G-brand, PRS, Fender, and many other larger volume companies send dozens of guitars to artists to sway them to become endorsed.

The low volume of Heritage and small margins doesn't allow them to do the same, the only artists who stay are those who purchase from Heritage at a discount.

Really thank you !

Wow, Johnny and Kenny bought Heritage by themseves...

In mid 1998 I ordered a black 150 from Heritage.  My local dealer was told they had just the model I was looking for.  He said they told him that Roy Clark had ordered a black H-150 and they made two.  I got the one he didn't pick.  I never thought much about it until one Saturday night when a buddy called me and told me to look at the TV show Hee Hah.  Sure enough Roy was playing the same guitar.  Marv told me later that Roy knocked that guitar off of a dresser in a hotel and cracked the head stock. 

Word on the street is that Roy was picking up a guitar from 225 Parsons and called an employee's wife and sang her a song for her birthday over the phone.  I wonder which guitar he was playing for the first time that day.

Archived