Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
DetroitBlues

Pedal Board Envy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gitfiddler said:

Back when I started playing guitar, the only 'pedal' was a Vox Treble Booster or Distortion Booster.  They plugged directly into your amp's Input; then you plugged your guitar cable into the Booster.  We also had to walk 5 miles through three foot snow banks to get to school back then...even though I was raised in L.A. 

That was during the ICE Age, right?  So everything was on top of glaciers and the Giant Redwoods were just saplings?

Edited by DetroitBlues

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

I stared at jazz for quite awhile, a long while.

I dont play guitar any more.

Damn you jazz.

:D

THAT's why I don't jazz.  Too detrimental...

2 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Back when I started playing guitar, We also had to walk 5 miles through three foot snow banks to get to school back then...even though I was raised in L.A. 

With no shoes.  Uphill!  Both ways!!!

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

That was during the ICE Age, right?  So everything was on top of glaciers and the Giant Redwoods were just saplings?

Exactly!!  We even had to read Encyclopedia Britannica by candle light for warmth and entertainment.

3 minutes ago, Steiner said:

With no shoes.  Uphill!  Both ways!!!

Absolutely!!  You must have seen me through the deep brown snow sludge and smog of L.A.!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Exactly!!  We even had to read Encyclopedia Britannica by candle light for warmth and entertainment.

Absolutely!!  You must have seen me through the deep brown snow sludge and smog of L.A.!!

'Twarn't easy.  I was skipping school, out sledding.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

back in my day we only had steam powered amplifiers. The only pedals we had were to operate the bellows.

You had STEAM power? You had it made. We had to play Stella acoustic guitars through megaphones while stepping on real rats for effects.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Yooper said:

You had STEAM power? You had it made. We had to play Stella acoustic guitars through megaphones while stepping on real rats for effects.

Before steam power we had candle powered lutes. Rats were a valuable source of protein, we didnt play with our food.

Edit: Apologies for the groans.

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Before steam power we had candle powered lutes. Rats were a valuable source of protein, we didnt play with our food.

Edit: Apologies for the groans.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

8 hours ago, Steiner said:

All adulty an' stuff. Im just not mature enough for that kind of relationship and committent. If jazz was a one night stand I would be all over it.

Kinda on topic. Kingsley Jester kinda killed my interest in od pedals.  Its not that it was "the" pedal, its just that after using it I discovered how good a lot of od pedals I already had were. For time based fx I use a cheap boss multi and its as good, subjectively, as any of the spendy "boutiq'ish" stuff Ive have or have had.

I think that to stand out as a pedal builder today you have to be either really bad at it or an exceptional self promoter because the market is flooded with really good stuff and has been for well over a decade and a lot of it is really quite cheap.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, Yooper said:

Damn straight. To hell with rock 'n' roll, grow up and play jazz.

Hmm. That's a lot of work.

Where'd I put that pedalboard?

LMAO!!

On 7/23/2020 at 3:10 AM, rockabilly69 said:

Well if that's what you think, pull out one of your guitars and makes us a video of you playing that jazz. And speaking of pedals I've had this one for awhile and without a doubt it's the best pedal I have ever bought. It will turn any amp, and I mean any amp, into a fire breather...

GGqt0Hv.jpg?1

Wow, very cool device Rockabilly! And look, you really do not want to hear me play jazz, or even attempt it!

I can see where this thread is heading...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I bought a few of the pedals and substituted a few others.  Some of those boutique (meaning expensive) pedals I did not buy.

Bought a Hall of Fame Reverb (but may sell it)

Ibanez Analog Delay

Earthquaker Plume for the Tube Screamer tones.

Still waiting for my JHS PG-14.