Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
hopkinwfg

Quality of Heritage H150/H157 prior to year 2019

Howdy... just wonder if there were noticable changes on how Heritage H150/H157 are from the older days till now? 

Were there more consistency and better tone? Ie fret dress and quality of build we expecting for now? 

You'll find more consistency on today's Heritages since production shifted under new management.  Nuts will be cut correctly, less finish flaws, wood will be more stable.

A lot of new processes have changed.  Humidity and climate controls to prevent wood from warping/shifting, enclosed paint booth to prevent dust contamination, and Plek machining to proper nut cut and fretwork leveling.  

Since Heritages are still handmade, there still might be some inconsistencies and minor flaws, but nothing you wouldn't see from any manufacture.

Thanks @DetroitBlues... i sort of revisited here on HOC over and over again on the H157... this time really making my mind up for a H157... 

Mind if you could help few of my questions here... as i would like to discuss here before i take a dive to enquire at Heritage....

I wonder Heritage offers Stainless steel jumbo frets ? 

And usually a work on a masterbuild would be a one piece honduran body with a scaf joint like neck-headstock? 

How would i be able on the type of bridge and tailpiece to make it sound and sustain just right like a classic les paul guitar should be ? And the tuners ? 

29 minutes ago, hopkinwfg said:

Thanks @DetroitBlues... i sort of revisited here on HOC over and over again on the H157... this time really making my mind up for a H157... 

Mind if you could help few of my questions here... as i would like to discuss here before i take a dive to enquire at Heritage....

I wonder Heritage offers Stainless steel jumbo frets ? 

And usually a work on a masterbuild would be a one piece honduran body with a scaf joint like neck-headstock? 

How would i be able on the type of bridge and tailpiece to make it sound and sustain just right like a classic les paul guitar should be ? And the tuners ? 

Only way to know those answers is to contact Heritage for custom specs. 

The only item I've never heard of was a scaf-joint headstock. Usually that's budget guitar item to save costs and reduces mahogany waste.  Gibbons's Epiphone line does that as does PRS S2 Models.

Heritage uses Tone Pro's Nashville Style Bridge and Tailpiece and the same Grover tuners Gibbons uses on their Les Pauls.

Pickups are typically Seymour Duncan 59's or Seth Lover's (I'd take a Seth in the neck and 59 in the bridge)

4 hours ago, hopkinwfg said:

Howdy... just wonder if there were noticable changes on how Heritage H150/H157 are from the older days till now? 

Were there more consistency and better tone? Ie fret dress and quality of build we expecting for now? 

Older models were actually built in the old building 225 Parsons, painted in the old Booth (used in 59 LPs), most will have gone through a post builder complete setup and have a certain mojo, different years had different necks and specs ... New builds are to a higher standard, better out the box.  A lot less options with models and features but now a factory custom shop to facilitate anything outside the norm.

In the ol days many of our friends at the factory earned a living making us special guitars, now the guitars are more cookie cutter, less of our friends and original owners are there now and the profits go towards the new corporations.  And of course want something unique, money talks at the custom shop.  As a former dealer, the factory is very standup, offering upgraded warranty on dealer owned unsold merch... Many off our orders use to be customs, I can tell you my Ol' guitars are stellar, Jay was very verbal that many times his merch' had a date with his plek. The factory now uses one.

No way to go wrong!

• Like 3