Heritage Owners Club

Black translucent H-150 :-)

Farmboyjo

Just came across this on Sweetwater's site.  Nice to see some other colors coming out, and I've had a thing for black translucent for years.  Almost picked up one of the original Ernie Ball/MusicMan EVH guitars in trans black (very few made) a number of years ago.  Some guy from England apparently came in and scooped it up the same week I was going in...which just made me want it more. ?   

Interesting they're still not putting black binding on these, or maybe cream is the correct artistic choice here?           

Capture.JPG

37 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Black binding?   What model has that as a stock feature?

I assumed he was talking about the finish color. 

The solid white ones usually have black binding I thought. I think Maestro had a white with white/cream binding though.

82a6a39d497e913dfeb59895d844b034.jpg

I was just recalling post a few years ago, pre-Plaza. A member was doing a full custom and wanted black binding, but the factory wouldn’t do black. Just wondering out loud...

I picked up a trans-black H150 several years ago.  Not my favorite color choice, but it played great and was a good deal. It has a rosewood fingerboard, which I thought didn't go well with the trans black -- it should have been ebony.  So, I decided to add more rosewood to make it a color theme, so to speak, and came up with this.  Later I added pickups with black covers, so now there is no chrome on it either.  I should make the fingerboard a bit darker to match the rest of the rosewood, and I do think it would look better with a black body and black binding, but it still looks pretty cool as is.

H150Body.JPG

On 9/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Keep us posted on the new guitar day!

There is a 150 for sale at Heritage that was a special run with black binding.  The body color was TV Yellow though.

Bottom left corner of this photo.  Looks very similar to the HOC LE 137.

FD07249C-C5BF-4459-8DB5-30DB27068161.jpeg

Spotted a couple of the H-150 Ltd. Ed. for sale at Musicians Friend and Guitar Center. 

And ONLY $3,999.  ?

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/heritage-custom-shop-h-150-limited-edition-electric-guitar/l51852000001000?rNtt=heritage&index=10

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSsKdW_Esp93WSkevNJx

hey, thx! yes the hardware is aged. I have a better pic somewhere. here it is, taken with a flash on, but at least you can see the wood grain

I'm not sure why all my pics are inserted above the text. let me see if I can cut/paste. your quote is stuck down below though

spacer.png

On 9/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, Farmboyjo said:

The TV Yellow with black binding is very interesting look.  Bolero, is that aged nickel hardware or just the lighting?  Either way - looks awesome IMHO.

Spotted a couple of the H-150 Ltd. Ed. for sale at Musicians Friend and Guitar Center. 
And ONLY $3,999.  [emoji50]
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/heritage-custom-shop-h-150-limited-edition-electric-guitar/l51852000001000?rNtt=heritage&index=10
spacer.png

Only $3999? Wow - a guy could get TWO of the HOC-version instead.

Archived