Heritage Owners Club

Pedal Amps

skydog52

On 11/8/2020 at 2:18 AM, rwinking said:

I picked up one of the Carvin stereo pedal amps on sale. I tried it out with the new POD GO and also with an older Digitech modeling/FX pre amp. WOW! I bought it as a spare amp to keep in the gig bag but I would have no problem using it for a gig. I hooked it up stereo with a pair of Weber 12s and it was beautiful. I can make the digital models virtually indistinguishable from tubes but the tubes still respond differently to my fingers. What the heck, though....a 100 watt power amp for around $150 that is the size of a Dynacomp? And stereo? What a great deal!

Those class D amps are so light these days, it's incredible. I have a 1000 Watt Carvin power amp that weighs a fraction of an older Carvin 600 watt bass amp.

Kingsley is one of my favourites
interesting to me is the Jester

checking "pedalamps": The Amp by Milkman Sound, you might already know, does a lot of things, hybrid 50W
(just curiosity)

On 11/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, rockabilly69 said:

Hey Paul have you ever played through the Origin FX Revival Drive?

https://origineffects.com/product/revivaldrive/

I know you love the Allman Brothers and the guy that designed the pedal does too. Although it's not an amp, you can plug it into any power amp and it's instant Plexi, Fender Deluxe, Vox AC15. It's just so easy to get a  nice wound up amp sound. I did this clip in the time it takes to turn my recorder on, but listen to the lead tone that I was getting at whisper levels...

Wow Daniel you have that Brothers tone dialed in. Thanks!  Unfortunately my talent level would be wasted on that. Maybe someday.

15 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

Wow Daniel you have that Brothers tone dialed in. Thanks!  Unfortunately my talent level would be wasted on that. Maybe someday.

Thanks Paul, I wouldn't say dialed in, but the flavor's there. I don't talk about The Allman's Brothers much, but the tones on the Beginnings Album are embedded in my mind, especially the ones in the song "It's Not My Cross To Bear". When I'm jamming with friends those tones find there way into my guitar amp speakers:) If you really want to get those tones you should check out this pedal. You've really got to watch this series of videos and you'll hear the tones that you love..

On 9/24/2020 at 9:05 PM, skydog52 said:

Thanks all for your input.  I’m going to give this one a go.  

I got one of these a year ago. No joke, it replaced all of my amps. Now I run this into a Tech21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe as a sort of personal PA. Absolutely adore it.

Archived