Heritage Owners Club

"Our girl" is back.

TalismanRich

4 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Was she one of the employees that walked out when the new guard took over. If so, good for her, because a day making guitars is a day worth doing! 

No, she wasn't there when the walk out occurred. 

15 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Was she one of the employees that walked out when the new guard took over. If so, good for her, because a day making guitars is a day worth doing! 

I think this interpretation of past events is not quite correct.  Those original employees didn't walk out.  They were fired.

18 minutes ago, LK155 said:

I think this interpretation of past events is not quite correct.  Those original employees didn't walk out.  They were fired.

This is what I remember...

Mrs. Flamm left Heritage long before Plaza Corp.

The mass exodus of employees were cut backs due to lack of sales to financially support the mass hiring. 

I cannot remember too many of the Pre-Plaza Corp employees being released, but some resigned in protest after several of the new hires were released.

I believe one original Heritage employee was let go because of refusal to follow directions of the company, but I cannot exactly remember.

Sadly, it was a dark time for both the Heritage Guitar Company and the Heritage Owners Club.  

The factory lost some wonderful people and we lost many good members and some of the spirit of the HOC.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gitfiddler said:

Yay!!  Welcome back, Katie aka "The Girl"!  :occasion14:

Umm is that PC Tim, in 2020?  LOL

19 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

She got a great job paying quite well that she could not refuse. Nobody is getting rich working at Heritage 

4 hours ago, LK155 said:

Several were given their walking papers, then a few that were very pissed about that decided it was their time to leave also. This is my recollection of events. 

4 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

This is what I remember...

Mrs. Flamm left Heritage long before Plaza Corp.

The mass exodus of employees were cut backs due to lack of sales to financially support the mass hiring. 

I cannot remember too many of the Pre-Plaza Corp employees being released, but some resigned in protest after several of the new hires were released.

I believe one original Heritage employee was let go because of refusal to follow directions of the company, but I cannot exactly remember.

Sadly, it was a dark time for both the Heritage Guitar Company and the Heritage Owners Club.  

The factory lost some wonderful people and we lost many good members and some of the spirit of the HOC.

But we and they moved on and that is all that counts. Along with Heritage currently building the greatest guitars since their inception!

Archived