Heritage Owners Club

"Our girl" is back.

TalismanRich

6 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

But we and they moved on and that is all that counts. Along with Heritage currently building the greatest guitars since their inception!

That is very important. 

A handful of the previous employees have returned, not just Katie.  

Production numbers are up, sales are up, and everyone is very busy at Heritage.

21 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

That is very important. 

A handful of the previous employees have returned, not just Katie.  

Production numbers are up, sales are up, and everyone is very busy at Heritage.

Didn't know we had other returnees. That is awesome!

Whatever her reason for leaving, I'm glad you  guys got one of  your friends back at the shop! I remember saying that if Heritage kept an eye on quality they would do better, especially the fret and nut work. And from what I've seen of the new models, they look great! And the cleanliness of the shop appeals to me! The kind of place I would like to work at!

20 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

Whatever her reason for leaving, I'm glad you  guys got one of  your friends back at the shop! I remember saying that if Heritage kept an eye on quality they would do better, especially the fret and nut work. And from what I've seen of the new models, they look great! And the cleanliness of the shop appeals to me! The kind of place I would like to work at!

I’ve got to say, I cannot find anything to complain about my 137.  It’s amazing.

Katie Flamm rest the neck of a H535 Heritage guitar on her head as she applies wood filler before sanding on Oct. 29, 2007.  Flamm has worked for Heritage Guitar for three years and follows a family tradition. Her father Claude Dean finished guitars for Gibson and Heritage at 225 Parsons Street in Kalamazoo.  At home in the evening, Flamm has also been teaching her 15-year-old daughter Kaleigh to sand wooden peg head veneers and pick guards. (Kalamazoo Gazette archive photo)

Katie Flamm rest the neck of a H535 Heritage guitar on her head as she applies wood filler before sanding on Oct. 29, 2007. Flamm has worked for Heritage Guitar for three years and follows a family tradition. Her father Claude Dean finished guitars for Gibbons and Heritage at 225 Parsons Street in Kalamazoo. At home in the evening, Flamm has also been teaching her 15-year-old daughter Kaleigh to sand wooden peg head veneers and pick guards. (Kalamazoo Gazette archive photo)

On 9/22/2020 at 11:38 PM, rockabilly69 said:

Well I'm glad anyway that one of the beloved people is back at Heritage!

If you ever get down that way look her up at the factory.  People talk about southern hospitality but I can tell you hospitality is just as strong in Michigan.  Here is one of my photos from 2008. 

img_8691_std.jpg

Katie has a Great Personality! I had a booth at the Kalamazoo Fretboard Festival one year and she helped me out. She should be in Sales.

Some pics from PSP

Katie PSP.jpg 2.jpg

Katie PSP.jpg

I would like to give my thanks and appreciation to you all for the warm welcome back.

It has definitely been bittersweet.

My heart never left Heritage, but I never thought I would return either.

I was presented with an amazing job opportunity through another company....and I took it.

I had a great six years there before the pandemic issues closed us down. Unfortunately the division I managed was most heavily effected. I was offered to transfer and politely chose not too accept. 

I feel very positive about starting over at Heritage once again. It is VERY different from what and how things use to be in the past.

Change is good.....

I am also thankful I had left before all the changes. I feel horribly for my ex fellow coworkers and what they experienced. I understand why some did what they felt was right. Again, I was already over a year gone. I only know this side that side, not the truth.

My roots run a little deeper than most who have worked there in the past. My dad and grandpa worked at Gibbons, then my dad for Heritage.

I just want to be a part of my own personal family history through Gibbons and Heritage Guitar.  My dad was able to change and adapt in 1984/85. I think I will survive this.

Here's to a few more guitar years to come.  

Love to all....

The Girl ??

On 9/24/2020 at 11:10 AM, yoslate said:

Not politically correct...simply correct.

I dunno, she's a grown woman now!

5 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

I'm glad your back.  You really are an Ambassador for Heritage.  Hopefully, this run will be better than ever!

I'm sending my COA for my HOC 137 back to the factory for her autograph!!!

On 9/22/2020 at 4:58 PM, LK155 said:

There's a priceless photo somewhere of her in the factory at one of the PSPs.....Marv is watching her sand a rim and she's rolling her eyes.

Yep.  That was at the first PSP.  I walked in there not knowing what to expect and came home with some very good friends.  I got this photo shortly after entering the factory. 

img_8692_std.jpg

I just remember the big smile she had on her face after getting that mandolin that I believe her father may have helped make back in the day. One of my favorite photos I've taken at any PSP event.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:07 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Or just bring it with you to PSP next year.

there might not be a PSP next year

On 10/1/2020 at 4:38 AM, High Flying Bird said:

Yep.  That was at the first PSP.  I walked in there not knowing what to expect and came home with some very good friends.  I got this photo shortly after entering the factory. 

img_8692_std.jpg

If you could caption this photo....................

Big boss man, can't you hear me when I call
Big boss man, can't you hear me when I call
Well, you ain't so big, you're just tall, that's all
Got me working, boss man, working 'round the clock
I want me a drink of water, but you won't let Katie stop
Big boss man, can't you hear me when I call?
Well, you ain't so big, you just tall, that's all
Well, I'm gonna get me a boss man, one

Archived