Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
DetroitBlues

HOC 137 - It’s all That and More!

I heard you start the comparison John.  Go back and read your posts.

1 hour ago, Steiner said:

I heard you start the comparison John.  Go back and read your posts.

Nope.  I said that if Heritage was forcing Custom Shop prices for a 137 that for that amount of money I (personally) would consider a similarly priced Collings 290.  This was based on the increased price of a CS Heritage 137.  I said it was a bad decision for Heritage to force Cust Shop prices for the 137 model.

I never said one was better than the other, even though I have played both models (where I doubt most here have). 

-I never said a "Collings 290 is "hands down got to be a better guitar".   

Congrats Josh!! I am so glad that it met your expectations!

Josh said;  "You'd love it John.  While I cannot compare it to a Collins, it is really well made and sounds fantastic."

So I don't know why the daggers are getting thrown at Collings Guitars and me.  I have done nothing but been excited about this build for those that bought one.  I even mentioned that I wished I had $1800 to buy one but didn't have the money right now.  So GREG please show me where I started a comparison of Collings Guitars & Heritage Guitars other than the CS-priced 137 & Collings 290 will be priced similarly now.

37 minutes ago, Kuz said:

for a 137 that for that amount of money I (personally) would consider a similarly priced Collings 290.

So GREG please show me where I started a comparison of Collings Guitars & Heritage Guitars other than the CS-priced 137 & Collings 290 will be priced similarly now.

Done.

7 hours ago, Kuz said:

I'm sure it sounds amazing Josh.

But why all the comparisons to Collings or any other company?  Why can't it just be great all on it's own without subjective comparisons? 

I certainly never said anything to insist that my Collings are better than any other Heritage guitar, but now the Collings haters are coming out. 

I am going to leave this thread, enjoy your amazing 137!

I am in no way hating on Collins.  My apologies if you feel I’m attacking the brand.

I am using them as an example of high end manufacture in the same comparison people used to reference Gibbons Custom Shop quality over standard production.

Hopefully that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Steiner said:

Done.

Whatever.  
I was stating the prices between the two were similarly priced.  
I never said one was better than another (unlike what some others directly claimed).  

8 minutes ago, Jaguarguy said:

Here's my HOC H137 - #3

IaYbxLf.jpg

Beautiful! And most importantly, congratulations!

1 hour ago, Jaguarguy said:

Here's my HOC H137 - #3

Beautiful!  Nice amp too...  Congrats.

• Like 1

@Jaguarguy...Congrats on #3.  Nice rig too.

And take a look at that Rosewood fretboard!  Whoa!

• Like 1