Heritage Owners Club

Custom Core H-150

gary0214

So...I've been working towards serious downsizing of my pile.  Not playing out anymore; likely won't.  Have found things to satisfy almost all of my urges.  So lucky to have had some great pieces.  Been making difficult decisions regarding unloading superb instruments I love.  And I'm good with all of that.  May have to throw this concept into reverse, now!

I said it before, let Edwin Wilson get involved with some design at Heritage and some good things would come from it. When he lead the Gibbons shop I thought he really stepped up their game! So now the head-stock looks great, the pickups are alnico III, nice neck angle, bridge looks like it goes right into the wood instead of with inserts, so many nice little improvements! I wish I had the money to spend on a new Heritage as I would support this! Damn pandemic!

This is why I lost the vibes with Gibbons . They have so many models and price points it’s like hey . I just want a quality guitar .  Introduction model, regular model , custom shop model and this one offers the good case with the new pickups . What brought me to heritage is that it was the old Gibbons factory was bought by the workers and they forged on making one at a time hand made guitars. But know seems like if you want a good heritage you gotta spend 3,8000$. Sorry but they don’t hold there value .kind of a bummer . 

Cost is about $1300 above a base model.  But I think they were going for a 50’s LP Vibe.  Absolutely love it and really want to hear those Alnico 3 custom pickups.

They had me at Neck Profile: '50s C (.8910" – .9805")!

Oh that’s perfect!

32 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Cost is about $1300 above a base model.  But I think they were going for a 50’s LP Vibe.  Absolutely love it and really want to hear those Alnico 3 custom pickups.

They had me at Neck Profile: '50s C (.8910" – .9805")!

Oh that’s perfect!

Lot to like with the holly headstock with inlays and agree on the .89 - .9805.  interested in how they can keep that profile if the neck is still hand rolled. Only thing I don't see is H no longer using real mother of pearl inlays. I have one guitar with the MOT and it feels like plastic.

2 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

Lot to like with the holly headstock with inlays and agree on the .89 - .9805.  interested in how they can keep that profile if the neck is still hand rolled. 

CNC is the only way they will accomplish that. 

Pete Farmer has been working on some Great Ones to come from Heritage.  Custom Shop has been busy.

Glam shots

Core TB 2.jpg

Core TB.jpg

well that is just too cool, for school!

I got to talk to Edwin for a bit at the last PSP, really nice guy and seems humble considering how knowledgeable he is

he put up with all my stupid questions; I'm sure he's sick of guitar geeks asking all kinds of inane crap ;)

2 hours ago, davesultra said:

I like the overall concept here. However, I can’t say that I like the headstock logo & inlay. It just seems to foreign to me. 

I think that is part of the charm.  It really shows the difference from the standard line.  Just like the short lived Circle H logo.  (Is that still an option?)

I didn't even notice that! good point

"The Heritage" I think is a nicer script, especially as it harkens back to the original name by Orville in Kalamazoo

also I agree with holyroller on Gibbon & Fender brand dilution by too many tiers: one reason I like Heritage is *every* guitar is as good as it gets

I understand marketing depts get a hard on by inventing all kinds of upmarket schtick, but I gave up on Fender and Gibbons for this very reason

2 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

I don't think they should have dropped the "The" from "The Heritage." But that's probably just me. "Heritage" by itself brings to (my) mind those knockoff Prestige Heritage tools on feeBay. 

I concur! At first I didn’t even notice that the “The” was dropped. That very well may be the reason it seemed odd looking to me.

10 minutes ago, y2kc said:

It looks like a misfit. The head looks like it is morphing into a Gibbons. No longer elegant, no longer The Heritage. 

Not my cup of tea.

Yup, I’m not a fan either.

Archived