Heritage Owners Club

New JHS 3 Series

Almost, and I mean Almost!, pulled the trigger on the new JHS 3 Series Pedals.

I'm considering replacing my Boss Super Chorus SH-1, Ibanez Mini Analog Delay, and Hall of Fame Reverb in favor for the JHS Chorus, Delay, and Reverb.

Anyone else considering these or bought them?

• 1 month later...

I sat down and played through a few of the JHS3's. I didnt think any of them sucked. Reverb reverbed, delay delayed, overdrive overdrived, chorus made wavey chorusy sounds. I didnt buy any of them. Im casually looking for a reverb pedal and while I was there I tried a few. Tire kicking basically.

The whole visual uniformity kinda yanks my chain.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:29 AM, JeffB said:

I sat down and played through a few of the JHS3's. I didnt think any of them sucked. Reverb reverbed, delay delayed, overdrive overdrived, chorus made wavey chorusy sounds. I didnt buy any of them. Im casually looking for a reverb pedal and while I was there I tried a few. Tire kicking basically.

Visually, its fine.  The tone and price are what I'm curious about.  

On 11/19/2020 at 8:29 AM, JeffB said:

I have a JHS Spring tank Reverb on my big board, it gets the job done. As for visual uniformity, I think better when things look uniform. I not only like visual uniformity, I use the same preamps (two channel version on the big board), and volume pedals on both of my boards. I get confused easily.

My acoustic board for my house gigs...

Blacky.jpg.95ab1122de89719157b54b5ef4d58230.jpg

For bigger blues festivals with resonator guitars with two pickups, magnetic and piezo

Whitey.jpg.8f85b9bc11d6bb2e7c6725022153032a.jpg

• 2 months later...

After a long three month wait, my pedals finally arrived.

What I found unusual was the pedal size.  Not mini-pedal, but definitely smaller enclosures than a Boss pedal.

Tonewise, they all do the job.  Simple, easy to dial in, and sound great.

They are replacing my current pedals which will be on the block soon.

Just bought a used JHS Colour Box V2 as a front end for a pedal board I'm building around an Helix Stomp pedal. I would have never thought I'd say this, but I like the HX Stomp for my acoustic gigs. It's nice to bring up a preset for a song, and just play it, instead of twiddling knobs on stage, so I figured it would be nice to "analog it up", with the Colour Box. And what really attracted me to the JHS was the three band parametric EQ and High Pass filter, because at my gigs I always cut a certain amount of low-end and low-mids out of my acoustic signal to keep feed back and low-end runaway in check. 

https://youtu.be/zQSOwzfV7Vc

21 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Just bought a used JHS Colour Box V2 as a front end for a pedal board I'm building around an Helix Stomp pedal. I would have never thought I'd say this, but I like the HX Stomp for my acoustic gigs. It's nice to bring up a preset for a song, and just play it, instead of twiddling knobs on stage, so I figured it would be nice to "analog it up", with the Colour Box. And what really attracted me to the JHS was the three band parametric EQ and High Pass filter, because at my gigs I always cut a certain amount of low-end and low-mids out of my acoustic signal to keep feed back and low-end runaway in check. 

https://youtu.be/zQSOwzfV7Vc

That Color Box is an exact opposite of a 3 Series.  Crazy what that thing can do!

ColourBoxV2-large.jpg.auto.webp

Archived