Heritage Owners Club

Bespoke Program

wheretobuy

Is anyone familiar or have experience with the bespoke program? (https://heritageguitars.com/pages/custom-shop ). You can find information about it halfway down on the link.

Copied from the website:

BESPOKE PROGRAM 
Craft your own Heritage. The honor and legacy associated with a Heritage Custom Shop guitar is truly incomparable. Speak with our team of experienced artisans and create a guitar that's built to your exact specifications and playing needs.

I was told that there are many restrictions. Custom Shop? Really? The guitars below, while it might not be your cup of tea,

is a true Heritage custom. Made to my specs, based on a H-125. Kenny Rambow built the body that I re-shaped and Marv turned it into a Heritage.

By far the finest playing Heritage I own. This guitar is what "custom" means.

From what I was told custom shop now means that you can pick a current model and add a ton of bling to it. Hopefully the new custom offerings

will allow the player to truly design a guitar that fits their playing style. I look forward to seeing the details of this"Custom Shop". I would like another H125 with p90's!

100_3436.thumb.jpg.532cd520a28b397b9aea43b8dc17f3ae.jpg

14 hours ago, y2kc said:

I was told that there are many restrictions. Custom Shop? Really? The guitars below, while it might not be your cup of tea,

is a true Heritage custom. Made to my specs, based on a H-125. Kenny Rambow built the body that I re-shaped and Marv turned it into a Heritage.

By far the finest playing Heritage I own. This guitar is what "custom" means.

From what I was told custom shop now means that you can pick a current model and add a ton of bling to it. Hopefully the new custom offerings

will allow the player to truly design a guitar that fits their playing style. I look forward to seeing the details of this"Custom Shop". I would like another H125 with p90's!

100_3436.thumb.jpg.532cd520a28b397b9aea43b8dc17f3ae.jpg

Love that amp, ga40 what year?

A lot of the older models no longer have templates.  If you’ll recall I found a bunch of the old templates on Reverb. That’s why you cannot get a 140 1st Gen anymore.  I wanted that for our HOC PSP model.

Heritage Custom Shop is in its infancy, so I would imagine custom pieces are based upon existing models.

Can’t recall too many custom shops that work with unique shapes though. 

17 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Heritage Custom Shop is in its infancy, so I would imagine custom pieces are based upon existing models.

From 1985 through the time ownership changed, wasn't The Heritage (haha, see what I did there @yoslate?:icon_clown:) always something of a custom shop?  Has that heritage been separated from The Heritage? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

From 1985 through the time ownership changed, wasn't The Heritage (haha, see what I did there @yoslate?:icon_clown:) always something of a custom shop?  Has that heritage been separated from The Heritage? :ph34r:

"The Heritage" what, or of what, Mr. Seacup? (Covering both noun and adjective possibilities here.)  And are we addressing the heritage of The Heritage, or Heritage's heritage, or the heritage of Heritage's heritage, or perhaps the heritage of The Heritage at The Hermitage?  I'm confused.

3 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

Absolutely, right?  Now they have an “Official” Custom Shop.

Such a shame the world doesn’t realize it!

3 hours ago, yoslate said:

"The Heritage" what, or of what, Mr. Seacup? (Covering both noun and adjective possibilities here.)  And are we addressing the heritage of The Heritage, or Heritage's heritage, or the heritage of Heritage's heritage, or perhaps the heritage of The Heritage at The Hermitage?  I'm confused.

Mein Bruder, it is THE Heritage. There is only one, true heritage. Coincidentally, there is also only one, true The Heritage and that is the elusive H-170 with ToneSucker(tm). No wait, there are two, true The Heritage(s)...the ToneSucker and that gaudy, overwrought Centurion that pops up here from time to time (I secretly--well, until now--wondered if it was like Beetlejuice...Say, "Centurion, Centurion, Centurion" three times and it appears!). Those two are the purest expression of The Heritage heritage ever to emerge from the heritage of The Heritage. Neither (none of which?), fortunately, having anything to do with Herman's Hermits.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:50 PM, yoslate said:

Rob, I think he was trying to say, Fug 'em.  If so that is my stance as well.  Selling the templates?  Fug 'em.

4 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Rob, I think he was trying to say, Fug 'em.  If so that is my stance as well.  Selling the templates?  Fug 'em.

It was rather surprising to find they sold off old templates from models they discontinued years ago, like the 1st gen 140's.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, Dick Seacup said:

Mein Bruder, it is THE Heritage. There is only one, true heritage. Coincidentally, there is also only one, true The Heritage and that is the elusive H-170 with ToneSucker(tm).

And it "appears" again, like Hamlet's ghost, a shadowy phantom, to haunt my sleep....

On 10/14/2020 at 1:50 PM, yoslate said:

This reads a bit too much like Risk Management. Known known; known unknown; unknown known; unknown unknown. Which to me = known headache, unknown headache, etc., etc., etc. 

8 minutes ago, tulk1 said:

This reads a bit too much like Risk Management. Known known; known unknown; unknown known; unknown unknown. Which to me = known headache, unknown headache, etc., etc., etc. 

Eventually it turns into, "does anyone really care?" and "Why am I here?".... :D

On 10/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, Dick Seacup said:

Mein Bruder, it is THE Heritage. There is only one, true heritage. Coincidentally, there is also only one, true The Heritage and that is the elusive H-170 with ToneSucker(tm). No wait, there are two, true The Heritage(s)...the ToneSucker and that gaudy, overwrought Centurion that pops up here from time to time (I secretly--well, until now--wondered if it was like Beetlejuice...Say, "Centurion, Centurion, Centurion" three times and it appears!). Those two are the purest expression of The Heritage heritage ever to emerge from the heritage of The Heritage. Neither (none of which?), fortunately, having anything to do with Herman's Hermits.

What's a tone sucker, DS?

3 hours ago, tulk1 said:

3 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Eventually it turns into, "does anyone really care?" and "Why am I here?".... :D

Which, as it strangely turns out, is very very close to what I told the instructor. Still got my Masters Cert, but whew, it was close. ?

I still have very fond memories of the "old" Custom Shop. But then, I'm old(er) and a bit nostalgic. 

Still don’t know what the tone sucker is.

Archived